CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

Can WB cancel the trilogy idea with Hobbit and just combine 2 and 3 or is it too late? As in It's contracted/ they're already in production?

Yes, because canceling two movies that will make $900m each to release only one movie that will make $900m makes alot of sense.
  • Like 7

Saw both Django and Les Mis today. Both were great, although I preferred Django. The crowd was really into it. It was an event. I saw Les Mis second, so my ass was a bit numb and I was a bit tired, but it was very good. Screenings for both were sold out. The audiences ate both of them up (although the Django reactions seemed more visibly and audibly enthusiastic).

Les Mis is on its way to box office domination I think. I swear I never saw such a diverse audience of people at my screening tonight. And they ate the movie up faster than the Christmas ham. Pretty amazing considering it's all singing (literally) and here I thought there were tons of people who loathed musicals with a passion. Apparently not enough to stop this mother.

• Like 1

I told you guys that PG would do a lot better than you were expecting and to not let your personal opinion of the trailer cloud your judgement on it. Every time I saw the trailer in theaters people laughed & it reminded me a lot of the CbtD & Home Alone trailers.tsk tsk :lol:

• Like 1

Saw both Django and Les Mis today. Both were great, although I preferred Django. The crowd was really into it. It was an event. I saw Les Mis second, so my ass was a bit numb and I was a bit tired, but it was very good. Screenings for both were sold out. The audiences ate both of them up (although the Django reactions seemed more visibly and audibly enthusiastic).

Sounds like the daily numbers thread Edited by FTF

I told you guys that PG would do a lot better than you were expecting and to not let your personal opinion of the trailer cloud your judgement on it. Every time I saw the trailer in theaters people laughed & it reminded me a lot of the CbtD & Home Alone trailers.tsk tsk :lol:

Yeah people always laughed when I saw it too. I knew it would destroy Guilt Trip at the BO, even if it's not quite the 200m blockbuster fish apparently was expecting. :P

Les Mis is on its way to box office domination I think. I swear I never saw such a diverse audience of people at my screening tonight. And they ate the movie up faster than the Christmas ham. Pretty amazing considering it's all singing (literally) and here I thought there were tons of people who loathed musicals with a passion. Apparently not enough to stop this mother.

I can't even say how happy I am right now! I'm having a great day today, Christmas was awesome and so was Les Mis's BO.

I highly doubt it doesn't break 20m for today, but we'll see. 18m would still be great.

There's no way it doesn't break 20. 18 million means that it only made 3 million in evening shows. Which is a ridiculous thought.