CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

I'm with you there, but it doesn't need to - it has more than 30mil headstart vs. TT. And the fact that Tuesday is higher than last Friday (and that against some very good openers) seems to indicate that at least it doesn't collapse.

But you are picking a completely wrong film for comparison. You are bound to get wrong projections.Anyway, let's see what your comparison says tomorrow. TTT increased 25% on 26th. Let's see how much TH1 increases.(If TH1 increases that much, 300m will be locked, I agree.)

Oh it's going much higher than 150.

The only musicals I can recall that had strong legs are Chicago, Mamma Mia, and Hairspray. Still, the strong WOM and lack of competition in January (most of the new relases will be R) might help it to make over $150M DOM.I hope it can make over $150M but $100M+ is already locked.

The only musicals I can recall that had strong legs are Chicago, Mamma Mia, and Hairspray. Still, the strong WOM and lack of competition in January (most of the new relases will be R) might help it to make over $150M DOM.I hope it can make over $150M but $100M+ is already locked.

With a 6day Gross of $60M, $150 seems also locked.

I'm thinking 200 for Les Mis, WOM will be excellent and that Cinemascore if A in every category is very promising. It's not just te targe audience that loves it. Oscar and Awards buzz will also sustain it throughout the entire January and into February.Probably will hit 100 million sometime next week.

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

I'm thinking 200 for Les Mis, WOM will be excellent and that Cinemascore if A in every category is very promising. It's not just te targe audience that loves it. Oscar and Awards buzz will also sustain it throughout the entire January and into February.Probably will hit 100 million sometime next week.

$200M is very possible... Since this isn't a sequel or something, it isn't that front loaded as sequels. Whilst many sequels that opened on a Tuesday ended up with the total gross equally with x2 the 6 Day Gross, this might have a chance to make it x4 with some good word of mouth.Also, this has a shot of setting up a new record for most nominations for a movie (Oscar)

Should pull at least 75 by Sunday night - would have to just implode and not recover to just make 60 for 6 days after 18m od

Usually movies that open on a Tuesday drop around 50% every day until Friday.So... 18 + 9 + 4.5 (Might have better holds or steeper drops, depends) + I predict a 33m weekend...(The exact numbers of my prediction should be on my blog)

Not during the holiday though - average drops in 2007 were between 30 and 35% followed by about 10% on Thursday before minimal increases on Friday / Saturday - obviously as we have seen with hobbit 2007 isn't exact but it's the closest calendar we have to go on

Usually movies that open on a Tuesday drop around 50% every day until Friday.So... 18 + 9 + 4.5 (Might have better holds or steeper drops, depends) + I predict a 33m weekend...(The exact numbers of my prediction should be on my blog)

And using your 4.5 it would be lucky to pull 18m for the whole weekend

And using your 4.5 it would be lucky to pull 18m for the whole weekend

It will have a $30M weekend... maybe not so steep drops as predicted, but still 6 Day Gross of 65-67M at tops... Not passing 70. Edited by ChD