CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

What I expect for Les Mis this week- 10.37m (-43%) 8.73m (-16%) 10.65m (22%) 11.29m (6%) 9.81m (-13%) 31.75m weekend, 69.05m total From there I could see it approaching 110m by the end of next weekend. From there... Oscars will decide the difference between 150m and a lot more. Should be a very interesting race between LM, DU and Hobbit for #1 this weekend. Django could be the dark horse... I have no idea how it will hold today.

Fuck, I want to see Lincoln so hard. And Silver Linings. And ZDT, and Les Mis.

You stupid man. You say Leo`s your fave actor and you`re passing on Django where he gave a perforemnce for ages by the look of it. I`m going to know in 2 hours but reactions are through the roof.

You stupid man. You say Leo`s your fave actor and you`re passing on Django where he gave a perforemnce for ages by the look of it. I`m going to know in 2 hours but reactions are through the roof.

He is indeed my favorite actor, but its not like ill watch everything that he's in.Django doesnt look appealing to me.

Why some people on ADF say that LM and Django would fall hard today and TH would reclaim top spot? I don`t want that to happen. Surely something can edge out TH can it? Why oh why isn`t LM released in more theaters?

Edited by fishnets

Why some people on ADF say that LM and Django would fall hard today and TH would reclaim top spot? I don`t want that to happen. Surely something can edge out TH can it? Why oh why isn`t LM released in more theaters?

People on ADF have one area of expertise only, that's awards (and we all know even that is questionable). Don't listen to those fools or their Dear Leader when it comes to box office. Edited by Silver Linings aDIM

If this hadn't been posted yet, Silver Linings Playbook earned a PTA of 1.5K yesterday.

www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/early-christmas-boxoffice-can-you-hear-the-people-sing.html

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK (Weinstein) finally expanded, doubling its run to 745 theatres, and dropping a bit in per-theatre average to $1500 from the $1700 average that it had on Sunday.

Not bad considering it faced immense competition. If it follows 2007 patterns of similar films with Oscar Buzz like Savages and Juno, it might get close to $4M in its 3-day portion. If this happens, not only it has a massive increase but also the PTA went up despite the count doubled. Good comeback even though the studio should've handled it a lot better.