Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

I know. I don't like piracy either. However, the other reason why I don't download movies is because Internet here is slow. If it was fast, fighting the urge to download movies would be difficult. :D

So true haha. What's your Internet Service Provider? I've been with Smart Bro for almost 7 years already and we have a love-hate relationship lol

Surely watching a streaming version of a movie that's been ripped illegally also qualifies as "illegal", no?

Yeah, it does. I never said it didn't. I don't watch a movie in stream since Christmas 2011. And I don't download anything since Christmas 2011 either.

Here the price difference is big. Like P10,000 - P15,000. That is like $250 - $375. Should I get a Blu-Ray? Is the difference really big?

I doubt Blu-Ray will ever be a mainstream thing here, DVD is still king heck VCDs are still widely available (and I also buy VCDs when they are on sale :D )

So true haha. What's your Internet Service Provider? I've been with Smart Bro for almost 7 years already and we have a love-hate relationship lol

Smart Bro too. The more you complain, the more they'll ignore you. lolI worked at Smart before as a call center agent. I know what they do there. Ha ha.

I doubt Blu-Ray will ever be a mainstream thing here, DVD is still king heck VCDs are still widely available (and I also buy VCDs when they are on sale :D )

Grabe naman kasi sa mahal. Even the Blu-Ray titles are expensive.

Smart Bro too. The more you complain, the more they'll ignore you. lolI worked at Smart before as a call center agent. I know what they do there. Ha ha.

I already memorized what they want me to do whenever I call disable/enable local network connection blah blah haha but to be fair with Smart once their technicians go to my house to fix my antenna, it will be fine already until a storm comes in to mess it up again and they at least give refunds for days with no Internet. So with that I'm not changing ISPs because well Globe and Sun have shitty service from what I heard so why bother haha Edited by forg

I already memorized what they want me to do whenever I call disable/enable local network connection blah blah haha but to be fair with Smart once their technicians go to my house to fix my antenna, it will be fine already until a storm comes in to mess it up again and they at least give refunds for days with no Internet. So with that I'm not changing ISPs because well Globe and Sun have shitty service from what I heard so why bother haha

They give refunds for days with no Internet? Wow, didn't know that.

My Internet Service Provider is called ZON. I will never change. I have the card that gives 50% discount on movie tickets because I have ZON at home! Every client that is ZON for a year or more receives the card. And most people don't use it. Shitty country.Btw, ZON is also our biggest theater chain :lol:

Edited by CJohn

One more thing about piracy, one reason I try my best not to DL movies is out of respect for our local distributors, for the past 2 years I was lucky enough to get invited to advanced/press screenings so as a way to support I do my best to encourage members of the local forum I moderate to watch movies in the theater and forbid them from talking and sharing torrent links.

• Like 1

My Internet Service Provider is called ZON. I will never change. I have the card that gives 50% discount on movie tickets because I have ZON at home! Every client that is ZON for a year or more receives the card. And most people don't use it. Shitty country.

Btw, ZON is also our biggest theater chain :lol:

Wow, that's a huge waste.

One more thing about piracy, one reason I try my best not to DL movies is out of respect for our local distributors, for the past 2 years I was lucky enough to get invited to advanced/press screenings so as a way to support I do my best to encourage members of the local forum I moderate to watch movies in the theater and forbid them from talking and sharing torrent links.

This might sound preachy but this is my main reason too.
  • Like 1

My Internet Service Provider is called ZON. I will never change. I have the card that gives 50% discount on movie tickets because I have ZON at home! Every client that is ZON for a year or more receives the card. And most people don't use it. Shitty country.

Btw, ZON is also our biggest theater chain :lol:

So that's why you frequently watch movies! ;) Lucky you. Discount promos on theaters here rarely happens and we don't even have matinee pricing. But our tickets are relatively cheap compared to the rest of the world (standard ticket cost is around $4-$5)

They give refunds for days with no Internet? Wow, didn't know that.

Yup, you just need to keep track of your complaint numbers once you call them, it needs to be well documented lol

I don't download movies for over a year because our second biggest theater chain is close all his theaters during 2013 and because our distributors are facing major financial problems. All of that makes me really sad and angry at this shit hole called Portugal.

My workmates laugh at me always. They always ask why do I watch movies in theaters. Like where should I watch it? Watching movies in theaters is still the best. THE BEST.

Agreed... I myself hate the fact that the nearest theater from where I live is somewhere around 18 miles away (It's actually in another city - main city of the state, should we say? (Like LA is for Los Angeles state)). I don't have a chance to go there very often and that's why i recur mostly to downloading movies. When I do get the chance to go though, I'm not missing it.

So that's why you frequently watch movies! ;) Lucky you. Discount promos on theaters here rarely happens and we don't even have matinee pricing. But our tickets are relatively cheap compared to the rest of the world (standard ticket cost is around $4-$5)Yup, you just need to keep track of your complaint numbers once you call them, it needs to be well documented lol

What is my proof that I didn't have connection? They can always say, "No, you had".

So that's why you frequently watch movies! ;) Lucky you. Discount promos on theaters here rarely happens and we don't even have matinee pricing. But our tickets are relatively cheap compared to the rest of the world (standard ticket cost is around $4-$5)

I didn't always had that card. I only received it and started to use it since late 2010. Before that, I was already going to the theaters a lot. Not 100 times a year :lol: More like 30-40 or so.