The Creator

Horcruxes

So, a Horcrux can be made when someone kills someone else and puts part of their soul into an object. Voldemort has done this seven times. But he kills countless more people than that. When he sees that Harry is wiping out all of his Horcruxes, Voldemort continues to kill more people. Why did he never choose to make more Horcruxes, just to be safe? Was he really that cocky? Answer: probably.

Well the 7 Horcruxes already had the effect it had on him. You can see in the Chamber of Secrets movie how he used to look and how he ended up looking. Every horcrux, and every piece of soul changed his body a lot...More Horcruxes would've let to his body completely failing at some moment, and he would've ended just the way he ended after Harry.Being a mere parazite who lives in other people's body.

But what I meant was, why continue trying to attack Harry in Deathly Hallows when all of your horcruxes are being wiped out. He kills Pius Thicknesse (among others). Just make another Horcrux. I could see that if it does do damage to the body as it looks like it may have, then that would be a viable reason not to, but it would have made him immortal because surely Harry wouldn't assume they're would be another Horcrux all of a sudden.

But what I meant was, why continue trying to attack Harry in Deathly Hallows when all of your horcruxes are being wiped out. He kills Pius Thicknesse (among others). Just make another Horcrux. I could see that if it does do damage to the body as it looks like it may have, then that would be a viable reason not to, but it would have made him immortal because surely Harry wouldn't assume they're would be another Horcrux all of a sudden.

Because JK Rowling decided not to do that. Voldemort doesn't realize his horcruxes are being hunted until late in the game and by that point he has bigger immediate fish to focus on (such as securing Hogwarts).

Did the book ever say how many times you can split your soul before doing too much damage. I imagine if you did it enough it would be like the dementor's kiss. Lord Voldemort should have been smart and put all of his horcuxes in the U.K. he should put one in the Arctic. 

He thought he was smarter than everyone else and that no one would figure out where they were.  IF they realized he'd made them at all.

Dumbledore even says that Voldy never dreamed anyone would find out about the cave even if they went to the old orphanage, or would think to go to his grandfather's dilapidated old house for the ring.  He also knew that Gringotts was one of the safest place in the world so even IF someone found out about that cup he took from Hepzibah they would never be able to get it out of that vault.  Then the diadem, he thought he was the only one who knew about the room of hidden things and probably also figured no one would realize he'd gotten the Grey Lady to tell him where the diadem was.

They were in really safe places when you think about it. Except Dumbledore was smarter than Voldy gave him credit for.  Harry also.