Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

I like Amy Adams. She was great in The Fighter, but my favorite performance of hers is in Enchanted, a very average movie overall.

That's my favorite Adams performance as well. I know fluffy and not awards-bait but she owned the role! :)

It takes a lot of patience. But it is good.

I can handle a though movie once in a while. BTW, I just watched that Oslo movie. Whoever made it is a master filmmaker, its such a well made movie, and so well acted and so real. I dont think its a movie I'll watch again, though, because after the party scene it got kinda muddled and it almost lost my attention. Good movie still

It was quite a financial bomb, wasnt it? It had a budget of like 40M, but it only made about 20M

Yeah. It did well at the art house theaters, but couldn't hold up when it went wide with general audiences. It's definitely well made, so I can't take the reviews seriously that diss the directing/acting/writing.

The master was the most beautifully shot, preposterous and pseudo-pseudo-pseudo prententious elitist auteur piece of crap I have ever seen.Seinfeld had the show about nothing, but it was funny.The master is also about nothing but it s neither funny or interesting or engaging or whatever ... The characters are just there, they scream and babble at each other about st00pid and irrelevant things ....The only intelligent line from the movie came from The Master's son saying that what his father was babbling about hold no interest and that it could be summed up in 3 minutes.Perfect summary of the whole movie.But it s written and directed by PTA, so it must be so deep that dweebs don't get it.PTA wanted to be Scorcese : Boogie NightsThen Robert Alatman : MagnoliaNow he is in his Kubrick phase and lord, he is clueless.

Edited by The Futurist

I hate when people say PTA is "trying to be so and so". He's bringing back a style that needs to be brought back. Altman is a huge influence because he was his mentor. And PTA's on his own level because of his incredible writing. Just because he uses long takes and tough subject matter doesn't make him a copycat.

• Like 2

Besides the obvious lacking of taste, :P what do you think of Kubrick?

Too intellectually brilliant.His movies were just perfection in filmmaking.I consider the first half hour of 2001 to be the ultimate piece of cinema ever with the most famous ellipse in the world.He is not my favourite but he is one of the giant of the medium no doubt.Saying you like Kubrick is almost cliché nowadays.His movies are somewhat cold and he had next to zero empathy for human race like he was dissecting the human condition with a microscope.I saw a show once about Kubrick's archives and it was crazy the amount of research he was doing for every film.The amount of documentation he had assembled for his failed project Napoleon was scary, he knew EVERYTHING about Napoleon . Edited by The Futurist