Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Sasha already seems to be in near meltdown mode as she predicts SLP to take SAG ensemble and PGA.

She needs slp to win so it can slow down Argo because of her love for Lincoln Was reading experts predix at gold derby Best picture is a near dead heat between Argo and Lincoln What happens if Argo wins, PGA, DGA, BAFTAS, which the predictions point too

Gold Derby "experts". You can't really trust what they say. For predictions I'd only trust O'Neil, Karger, and Feinberg. And on occasion maybe Poland, Pond, Thompson, and Tapley. The others are guessing almost as much as we are, the only thing they have on us is that they've been doing it for much longer. A lot of these "experts" don't really talk to enough actual voters to be credible enough.

• Like 1

According to IMDB, Sasha's started deleting comments that support SLP. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:I was looking through the Actress thread, and I find it funny how it's gone, despite an unpredictable season, full circle. In September people were predicting 4/5 nominees. (Some people missed Chastain, and others missed Watts, but there were a few 4/5 predictions). And, I nailed Amour's nominations back in September. :lol: I said it was in contention for Picture, Director, Screenplay (I predicted a win), Actress, and Foreign Language. It got these 5 and is looking at a Screenplay win.

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

I find it funny that Stone is so on board with Lincoln after throwing a major hissy fit for the brief few weeks when War Horse looked like a somewhat viable contender to win Best Picture.

The part of me that loves schadenfreude hopes that Silver Linings Playbook wins Best Picture, just so that we can get the column telling us, essentially, that the Academy is going to hell in a handbasket because they didn't agree with one Internet blogger's opinion.

• Like 1

It would add insult to injury if Silver Linings Playbook wins Best Picture and Lincoln, Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty, Argo, Life of Pi, Amour, and Beasts of the Southern Wild all lose to it. A year of masterpieces and the Academy is going to go with the safe romcom. Ugh. 

• Like 1

It would add insult to injury if Silver Linings Playbook wins Best Picture and Lincoln, Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty, Argo, Life of Pi, Amour, and Beasts of the Southern Wild all lose to it. A year of masterpieces and the Academy is going to go with the safe romcom. Ugh. 

I'm actually rooting for Lincoln right now. Truly an Oscar movie in the best sense

• Like 1

Yeah because rom com tropes are just despicable.

Right.

What is that word I am looking for that starts with a C ???

I love rom com tropes. I don't love movies that are about real people until the last 40 minutes when they bring out the rom com tropes.  

I also don't love people who use the C word. 

Sadly I'm siding with Sasha Stone this year. I would like ANY MOVIE that is not SLP to win. Pick any of 'em, they're all great.

Nope.

Condescending.

The other movies are sooooo impooooortaaaaant compared to that tiny meaningless crowd pleaser of a rom com called SLP.

Gee, you sure handle other people's opinions well. Check out the X-Men: Days of the Future Past thread, you'll have fun

Gee, you sure handle other people's opinions well. Check out the X-Men: Days of the Future Past thread, you'll have fun

I don't like condesending opinions and Gopher's one on SLP fits the bill to a T.

CONDESCENDING.

Adjective

[*]Acting in a way that betrays a feeling of patronizing superiority.

There.

Edited by The Futurist