Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Imo Boogie Nights looses steam when the 80's started, but seriously the first hour and 20 minutes of that movie were some of the greatest cinema I've seen. Absolutely amazing. 

There Will Be Blood is just a beast of a movie, monumental, and so is The Master

Boogie Nights is basically perfect. The Alfred Molina scene is my favourite scene of anything ever.

It's so epically awesome. The music, the cinematography etc, etc. I can never decided which performance I like best. Sometimes I think Tom Cruise, sometimes I think William Macy, sometimes I think John Reily, sometimes I think Julianne Moore, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Same here. Moore always rips my heart out and it's still Macy and cruise's best performances. It's also probably my favorite screenplay ever written.

The 3 and a half hour runtime of Magnolia kinda scares me, but I'll try to watch that and Hard Eight sometime soon.

It's only 3 hr 8 mins. Have you only seen boogie nights once? I felt that way after my first viewing but it's almost perfect now.

Yeah, yeah, what a shame, whatever. We're talking about PTA here! How good is Inherent Vice gonna be guys?!?

I hope he starts making films every couple years. Although he and Rudolph are having kid number 4, so maybe that won't happen.