Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Just that Hathaway turning up crazy to the max is more appaling to me that J-law turned up crazy to the max. She's doing it much wrong. :P

Is this your first year following the race then? If you think Hathaway's appalling then I'd hate to see what you'd do if you saw Winslut or Davis's campaigns. Entirely tasteless. One whored herself out, and the other overconfident and drummed up race relations the entire season. Honestly, woman, Hollywood doesn't live in the past nor the south. You know Davis wore her natural hair on Oscar night because she was anticipating to win and was going to give another race-relation speech and use her hair as an example? She presumed so much. 

It's my first Oscar campaign since I signed on here, yes. But it doesn't mean I didn't find Winslet or Leo's pimping themselves less ridiculous than Hathaway's antics. It's just this year, Hathaway is Winslut or Davis whoring out in her own way. I'm not saying she's the most appaling Oscar whore ever.

Yes, all actresses are playing a game to seduce the jury but Hathaway, you can see through her and decipher the narrative she crafted to win some easily, she's throwing her cards all the way in the most obvious fashion.

Edited by dashrendar44

It's my first Oscar campaign since I signed on here, yes. But it doesn't mean I didn't find Winslet or Leo's pimping themselves less ridiculous than Hathaway's antics. It's just this year, Hathaway is Winslut or Davis whoring out in her own way. I'm not saying she's the most appaling Oscar whore ever.

Uh, Spielberg? Fucking Bill Clinton at the GG's. You don't get more whor-ish than this. It's probably the least classiest and most despicable move since that fake Wise quote for GONY in 02. 

Edited by riczhang

LOL at everyone SHOCKED by the Hathaway hate. It might be more visible right around now, but this isn't a new thing. She's always had her share of haters (probably because she's just an irritating stuck-up person).

• Like 2

Other than the fact that awards are High School Popularity Contests, Anne's not done anything to classify her as a "try-hard". She's turned her usual self up a few notches, but it's nothing that no other actress hasn't done. Lawrence's turned up her crazy to a max, Chastain's turned herself up to a max, Spencer, Davis, Winslut, and etc. It's entirely absurd to be hating on one person when everyone does it. 

You really, really, really need to elaborate on Lawrence "turning her crazy up to a max". That argument doesn't hold water with me based on the many gifs from THG promotion I've posted in which she was much more quirky than she has been during Oscar season. The biggest "crazy" she did was "I beat Meryl", a clever joke that went over everyone's heads, and a scripted appearance on SNL. Your faux offense taking on behalf of some of your idols has caused you to incorrectly accuse JLaw of pandering.

• Like 5

Uh,Spielberg? Fucking Bill Clinton at the GG's. You don't get morewhor-ish than this. It's probably the least classiest and mostdespicable move since that fake Wise quote for GONY in 02. 

I'm talking whoring out and pimping your personality as an actor/actress. Not bringing that old geezer to endorse your movie and gaining points. That's another kind of whoring.

Edited by dashrendar44

You really, really, really need to elaborate on Lawrence "turning her crazy up to a max". That argument doesn't hold water with me based on the many gifs from THG promotion I've posted in which she was much more quirky than she has been during Oscar season. The biggest "crazy" she did was "I beat Meryl", a clever joke that went over everyone's heads, and a scripted appearance on SNL. Your faux offense taking on behalf of some of your idols has caused you to incorrectly accuse JLaw of pandering.

Besides that she's done various antics on the red carpet including the 30 seconds where she made the weird noise and made weird movements with her finger that Fish mentioned 2 days ago. It seems like everytime I see her anywhere this season that she has her 5 year old self on display. JLaw's a very perplexing person, she has a really wise old side to her (which I love) and a really childish side to her. On THG's promotion she had a really nice balance between her two sides, and now it seems like that balance is just gone. It's annoying to say the least. She's not gotten more quirky per se, but it seems like now it's all quirky and no calm. 

lol she's 22

Huh? She's 22, that's exactly my point. She's 22 but she acts like she's either 5 or 60, and it's amusing and really frustrating. It's annoying now that it seems like she's perpetually 5. Though granted I haven't followed all the interviews extensively but the multiple I've seen of JLaw seem to be missing the old JLaw. 

When you have such ridiculous concept as "Manicam" (WTF?!) to pimp jewelers during an economic crisis, I think that's perfectly fine to poke fun at it. I'd act the same.Manicam? LMFAO.

You think it's funny?  :blink:  :blink:  Maybe JLaw's new brand of humour completely flies over my head. I really don't see what funny about it at all. 

Huh? She's 22, that's exactly my point. She's 22 but she acts like she's either 5 or 60, and it's amusing and really frustrating. It's annoying now that it seems like she's perpetually 5. Though granted I haven't followed all the interviews extensively but the multiple I've seen of JLaw seem to be missing the old JLaw. 

How many 22 year old women do you know? Most of them don't act like British dames or drink tea with their pinkies in the air.

• Like 2

Anne Hathaway has always been sort of goofy though, She's just amped up to 1000 right now. What's the harm. It's her moment. It's all fleeting anyway. I don't mind her antics.

:lol: True. I used to really hate Anne Hathaway. She got into my good books after TDKR and doesn't look like she's dropping out anytime soon. I'm a sucker for the "princess diaries to Oscar" type of story though. 

How many 22 year old women do you know? Most of them don't act like British dames or drink tea with their pinkies in the air.

Enough. (Well around that age group) They don't act like British Dames, but they certainly don't act like they're children either. 

I just don't understand why the fuck you people are letting all of this stuff from Lawrence or Hathaway or Chastain and so on to get under your skin. Taking this shit far too seriously and personally.

I just don't understand why the fuck you people are letting all of this stuff from Lawrence or Hathaway or Chastain and so on to get under your skin. Taking this shit far too seriously and personally.

You've read my mind. I was just about to post the same thing. This shit is worse than tumblr, lol.