Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

So you must love Kristen Stewart or Katherine Heigl, do you?Because if you don't, you're a baseless and jealous hater since you don't know them at all too.

I don't like most of their work. But I don't hate those people because I don't KNOW those people. They're actors, this is their profession: to act and to promote their movies and their careers. Unless you actually know her, you have no legitimate reason to hate the person Anne Hathaway. Judge the performances, not the actors. It's so much simplier and your own politics don't get in the way. No fuss.
  • Like 3

I hate the actress Anne Hathaway and how she promotes her career like you hate actress Kristen Stewart and actress Katherine Heigl.

Did you even read what Gopher said? I agree with him. I certainly don't like Stewart or Heigl or many other Hollywood readymade blondes but I don't hate them. I'm just indifferent towards them. 

@ riczhang

Gopher said:

"They're actors, this is their profession: to act and to promote their movies and their careers."

And that's what I'm critizicing about Hathaway, that's still a professional matter. I'm not saying that she's a despicable person in real life and she ate babies.

So I perfectly read what he wrote, thanks.

(Funny from someone that nickname an actress "Knightmare" because of his hatred)

Edited by dashrendar44

Gopher said:

"They're actors, this is their profession: to act and to promote their movies and their careers."

And that's what I'm critizicing about Hathaway, that's still a professionnal matter. I'm not saying, she's a despicable person and she eats babies.

So I perfectly read what I wrote, thanks

Cherry-picking. If you read on his next line states: Unless you actually know her, you have no legitimate reason to hate the person Anne Hathaway. 

Do you know Anne Hathaway? No, and thank-god she doesn't know you, I'd feel so sorry for her. So, therefore you have no reason to say that you "hate" Anne Hathaway. You have no basis for your hate. 

And Knightmare's the one illogical part of me. She gets at me in every possible way. Watching her is honestly like watching babies die. However, if she's good I can totally get over the hate. I loved her in Anna Karenina and I will proudly say that I'd nominate her. 

Edited by riczhang

Have you really read what I wrote?

Yes. You're criticising her, but that doesn't equal hate. In your original post you wrote:

I hate the actress Anne Hathaway and how she promotes her career like you hate actress Kristen Stewart and actress Katherine Heigl.

You used the word hate, which is completely out of place. And then you insinuated that Gopher hates Stewart and Heigl which he doesn't. He doesn't even say that he hates the way they promote their work. I don't understand how you could twist his words and intentions into him hating Stewart and Heigl. That part doesn't make sense at all. 

Yes. You're criticising her, but that doesn't equal hate. In your original post you wrote:

You used the word hate, which is completely out of place. And then you insinuated that Gopher hates Stewart and Heigl which he doesn't. He doesn't even say that he hates the way they promote their work. I don't understand how you could twist his words and intentions into him hating Stewart and Heigl. That part doesn't make sense at all. 

He said he hated their works. Not as a person.

That's exactly what I'm saying about Hathaway, I don't like how she promotes her work, which is part of her job.

And you're not above this since you confessed your Keira Knightley's hatred a few posts ago. So, please stop trying to moralize me.

Now, let's move on.

Edited by dashrendar44

That's exactly what I'm saying.

That makes more sense. What didn't make sense at first was that he said that he doesn't like their works. He didn't use the word hate. There's a vast gap between not liking and hating. I don't like Django but I don't hate it. I can read perfectly fine thank-you very much. 

Edited by riczhang

That's exactly what I'm saying about Hathaway, I don't like how she promotes her work, which is part of her job.

And you're not above this since you confessed your Keira Knightley's hatred a few posts ago. So, please stop trying to moralize me.

Now, let's move on.

I did. And I'm not perfect, but I also did say that I'm not incapable of getting over it. I loved her in Anna Karenina and I have no problem with her in that film. I nominate her and would defend her to the death in that performance. 

And yeah. Let's move on. This has been going on for like 10 pages and it's been getting out of hand and ridiculous. 

Edited by riczhang

She's sold herself to be the underdog and it's working. And Transformation I meant in 2 ways. One is that she's transformed herself from a Princess Diaries actress to a serious actress. (It's in the same vein as Bullock who went from Congeniality to Blind Side (And Now Gravity)) And the second is the physical transformation including aging, deglam, starving, and etc. It's primarily a woman thing. It doesn't work as well with men because as a whole Hollywood is still a little bit sexist and the perception can be construed in a dynamic kinda like this. Men are tough and they're expected almost to do a tough regime to get into shape (though Bale's was ridiculously extreme) and women are delicate so when they do it, it becomes, "OMG, I can't believe she went through all that pain! Let's give her an Oscar."

Edited by ECSTASY

Bullock is a curious one. She was not a comedic actress in the beginning. She did Speed, The Net, A Time to Kill yet people only remember her funny stuff up until Blindside.

I don't recall those movies particularly well but even those I believe weren't really serious, prestige, Academy pieces. They're like action movies. She never really reached a prestige-role level until The Blind Side. 

I don't recall those movies particularly well but even those I believe weren't really serious, prestige, Academy pieces. They're like action movies. She never really reached a prestige-role level until The Blind Side. 

A Time to Kill was pretty serious. The only action movie was speed. The Net was a Thriller.  I wouldn't have picked The Blind Side for a prestigious academy type movie myself.  But what do I know.

A Time to Kill was pretty serious. The only action movie was speed. The Net was a Thriller.  I wouldn't have picked The Blind Side for a prestigious academy type movie myself.  But what do I know.

It's certainly not the traditional prestigious Academy pic, and you could even say it isn't prestigious at all. But, you have to remember that it's a bio-pic/true story, it's emotional, and it's totally American (Race relations, Football, and etc.) That makes it an Academy picture, it strikes all the right strings. It also didn't hurt that the movie made an absurd amount of money DOM, and it starred the Hollywood flavour of the month (Though, she's proven herself to be much more than that).