Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Looking over my ballot in the game I have:Picture: LincolnDirector: SpielbergActor: LewisActress: LawrenceS. Actor: JonesS. Actress: HathawayO. Screenplay: DjangoA. Screenplay: LincolnEditing: ArgoCinematography: DjangoArt Direction: Life of PiCostumes: Les MeserbelesMakeup: HobbitVisuals: PiSound: SkyfallSound Editing: SkyfallScore: PiSong: SkyfallAnimated Feature: Brave

LOL, I just realized three of Skyfall's nominations are for people who have had 10+ winless nominations in their respective fields.

Cinematography - Roger Deakins (Nom #10)

Score - Thomas Newman (Nom #11)

Sound Editing - Greg P. Russell (Nom #16)

Even better is that all three of them are going to lose. I guess Russell has a chance, but I'm leaning toward Life of Pi in that category. Not that I think any of them deserve to win, but it's sort of sad.

Edited by Sims

I see LoP winning 4-5 Oscars. VFX is locked. Claudia Mirando won over Roger Deakins at the BAFTAs who had a film that the BAFTAs loved much more than the Academy, and they gave Best British film to while Pi disappointed. The entire BAFTA membership voted this year as well so I'd say that Cinematography is nearly locked for Pi. The fact that the Academy has developed a taste for 3D digital cinematography is also good news for Pi. I'm not sure where all this Argo score talk is coming from. I don't get it and I certainly don't buy it. Life of Pi is wining score. I'm almost certain of it. In fact I think that Skyfall has a better chance of winning score than Argo. I think that it'll pick up Sound Editing at the very least, and look for Ang Lee to pick up BD #2 as well.

Skyfall is winning best cinematography, best sound editing and possibly best song.LoP is only winning fx, says I

Your Skyfall prediction is totally backwards. It's biggest lock of the night is in song, I'd be shock is Boublil and Schoenberg won over Adele. It's probably not winning cinematography since it won the ASC, and Deakins lost the BAFTA to Miranda. Sound editing maybe, but I have both LoP, Argo, and maybe ZDT ahead of it. LoP will probably go home with the most on Oscar night, or tied for most.

Controversial opinion: Hathaway's I Dreamed a Dream sequence is my favorite single shot of 2012. Everything I thought it could do to me... it did, twofold. Never forced, never "look at me!", just as raw and emotional as Hooper wanted the whole film to be. It helps that when they filmed it, the cameraman went out to get a soda. Other favorite shots of the year- - Joaquin Phoenix caressing a whore made of sand - Jessica Chastain sobbing after being told "Where do you want to go?" - Leonardo DiCaprio sticking out his hand in front of Christoph Waltz, grinning like a madman - Bane throwing Batman to the ground - Tracking shot of Denis Lavant playing an accordion - Marion Cotillard communicating with a whale through her arms - James Bond taking out an assassin in Shanghai - Lincoln sitting in front of Adam Driver, asking if people can choose to be born, or if people are fitted to the times they are born into- Pi watching the ship sink underwater

The Grey!