Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Argo's not one of my favourites really, but I still think it would be a cool enough winner. Better than the last two winners IMO.

I still like the movie. I'd say its above Artist, but Kings Speech is way better, even though you cant really compare the two movies.

I still like the movie. I'd say its above Artist, but Kings Speech is way better, even though you cant really compare the two movies.

Yeah these are hard to compare. I'd say I really enjoy all three of these movies. And I understand that it makes me uncool across most movie sites. There are really only a handful best pictures winners that I really, really think didn't deserve it.

I'm leaning towards Lee for Director. He might be the most universally-respected director in the business.

I've been leaning towards Russell because I'm crazy.I always play it waaay too safe in my predictions though. I've so far stuck with safe options even though they aren't actually the people I think are gonna win.

Yeah these are hard to compare. I'd say I really enjoy all three of these movies. And I understand that it makes me uncool across most movie sites. There are really only a handful best pictures winners that I really, really think didn't deserve it.

Agreed. I was kinda shocked how vicious people got when TKS won instead of Social Network or Inception, and it seems that some people are still butthurt about it. TSN and Inception are all time greats, but Kings Speech is still a good fucking movie! I was totally fine with it winning.

Agreed. I was kinda shocked how vicious people got when TKS won instead of Social Network or Inception, and it seems that some people are still butthurt about it. TSN and Inception are all time greats, but Kings Speech is still a good fucking movie! I was totally fine with it winning.

I thought TKS was the best of its year.

Fuck it, I'm gonna speak my mind: I think it sucks that Argo is winning best picture. There were so many better movies out last year and among the nominees

And im going to speak my mind argo was the second best film of the nominees and deserves winning. Im happy for Affleck cause has has proven he is a great actor. This will be the first time since slumdog that i will be happy with the best pic winner.