Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

Meh. I think he's got it all wrong.

I've been following his predictions since 2001. Believe me. He's not that wrong. The first time I read anything about Slumdog, Hurt Locker or The Artist it was thanks to his rankings. He even put The Artist as the frontrunner since April.

Edited by stripe

I've been following his predictions since 2001. Believe me. He's not that wrong. The first time I read anything about Slumdog, Hurt Locker or The Artist it was thanks to his rankings. He even put The Artist as the frontrunner since April.

He has all the right movies, but it's all in the absolute wrong order. And, I've been following the Oscar race for about that long, and I'm decently connected with the oscar world. I will just say that his predictions are not ones that I value a lot. 

He has all the right movies, but it's all in the absolute wrong order. And, I've been following the Oscar race for about that long, and I'm decently connected with the oscar world. I will just say that his predictions are not ones that I value a lot.

What's your order? From his choices, I'm not sure of Dallas, foxcatcher and her. The rest is looking very solid IMO Edited by stripe

What's your order? From his choices, I'm not sure of Dallas, foxcatcher and her. The rest is looking very solid IMO

This was from a few weeks ago: 

1. Inside Llewyn Davis

2. August: Osage County

3. The Wolf of Wall Street

4. American Hustle

5. The Monuments Men

6. Philomena

7. Gravity

8. Le Passé

9.       All is Lost

10.     Fruitvale Station

Now, I'm thinking: 

[*]Inside Llewyn Davis (This is my NGNG)

[*]August: Osage County

[*]American Hustle

[*]Gravity

[*]Lee Daniels' The Butler (Le Sigh :()

[*]Rush

[*]All is Lost

[*]Le Passé

[*]The Wolf of Wall Street

[*]Saving Mr. Banks 

Most substantial change are the drops for Wolf and Monuments. I just don't have a lot of confidence in any of them. 

I do think All is Lost will be nominated if Redford does win as I can't see it being in any other cats (Wont be in screenplay). And this comes into play-only King of Scotland won best actor without being nominated in any other cat.

(Excluding the first year, where the winner won for 2 films)

From August 10th:

Since you have to search in order to quote something instead of just quoting what was said when you quoted it, I'm just copying and pasting what I put earlier:

Impact, on 10 May 2013 - 9:03 PM, said:Posted Image

Impact, on 08 Jun 2013 - 4:40 PM, said:Posted Image

Okay I think Grace will be there considering it had the lucky release date that the recent Weinstien films have had.
I know I have more posts on here about my picks-but I'm not going to search the entire thread :P
Monument Men and Gravity are also possible.

Right now my predicts are:

Blue Jasmine
The Counselor
Grace of Monaco
Monument Men
Saving Mr. Banks
Wolf of Wall Street

Some movie that came out already that made about 1M (seems to be a trend)
Some film nobody knows about yet
And another film

Current:

Before Midnight

Blue Jasmine

The Counselor

Grace of Monaco

Inside Llewyn Davis

The Monuments Men

Saving Mr. Banks

Wolf of Wall Street

And dang you can't even read my old posts with this dang quote thing on here...

There were some other films I was thinking of....

Sorry I hate the quote thing so I did that instead.

I am thinking of a new set right now.

Currently I would not be surprise if Scott win director though.

Edited by Impact

If reviews are great, I hope to see Walter Mitty get in.

Also Monuments Men is kinda assured to get in. It's going to be like Argo was Post Nomination, but this will be before.

The word of mouth will gather from its opening to the Oscars and it'll be nominated the same way Argo won with good word of mouth AFTER it was nominated for Best Picture. No one thought it would win before the nomination.

• Like 1

If reviews are great, I hope to see Walter Mitty get in.

Also Monuments Men is kinda assured to get in. It's going to be like Argo was Post Nomination, but this will be before.

The word of mouth will gather from its opening to the Oscars and it'll be nominated the same way Argo won with good word of mouth AFTER it was nominated for Best Picture. No one thought it would win before the nomination.

I certainly wouldn't say a nomination is assured for TMM. Clooney doesn't have a great track record as a director recently and the lackluster trailer disappointed quite a few people.

This year seems to be very strong in terms of pre-contenders. Don't see how Mitty gets in. It will need mindblowing reviews and stellar BO to be a real contender. It's a comedy, and we know what usually happens with that genre