BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

ETERNALS (D-1) - 1.139 tickets sold in 4 theatres (48 showtimes)

Not a bad number. Comps are difficult because of capacity restrictions. Only Venom 2 didn't have any and that sold 1.547 tickets on D-0. With capacity restrictions (75%), NTTD sold 818 tickets, Dune sold 965 tickets and Shang-Chi only sold 507 on D-1

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Capacity restrictions are back? Shit.

I honestly see Europe going back to lockdown in January after the Christmas explosion.

No, it's the opposite. Madrid cinemas have no restrictions right now, only mask is mandatory. Venom 2 is the only blockbuster to be released under that circumstances

• Like 1

ETERNALS (D-0) - 1.748 tickets sold in 4 theatres (48 showtimes) (+609 tickets sold since last update 24 hours ago) (No capacity restrictions in Madrid)

Great last day. Biggest pre-sales at those 4 theaters since the pandemic started but only Venom 2 and Eternals didn't have any capacity restrictions so comps are a bit skewed

Comps:

1,13x Venom 2 (€3,69M OW)

1,30x DUNE (€2,66M OW)

1,51x No Time To Die (€3,30M OW)

2,06x Shang-Chi (€3,13M OW)

Don't see this reaching Venom 2 OW numbers because that was a walk-up heavy movie. I'm leaning towards that Dune comp and if WoM is not that good I can see this even doing less. Captain Marvel sold 1.064 tickets in one of those 4 theatres vs 602 tickets sold of Eternals in the same one. That comp gives Eternals €2,34M OW. EndGame comp (2.836 tickets) gives Eternals €2,55M OW. So €2,5M OW could be a great target and wait for Friday numbers to have a better picture

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, ScareLol said:

Eternals Friday: €750K (25% below Venom 2)

WoM is not that terrible compared to press reviews. In FilmAffinity (Spanish harsh version of IMDb) is at 6.2 with lots of 7's. SC is at 6.6 and BW is at 5.7

FA is not so frontloaded as iMDB, but that 6.2 will drop

10 hours ago, LPLC said:

@ScareLol How is the hype in Spain for NWH ? Your predictions ?

These are the figures for Spider-man in Spain:

Spider-man: 22,664,597 € (5,249,541 admissions)

Spider-man 2: 14,756,999 € (3,225,729)

Spider-man 3: 18,306,496 € (3,281,468)

The amazing Spider-man: 9,068,512 € (1,382,874)

The amazing Spider-man 2: 6,291,603 € (1,022,668)

Homecoming: 9,925,910 € (1,753,759)

Far from home: 13,179,672 € (2,255,450)

I do not have any data about hype. Raimi's trilogy remains to be the most attended of all time in the SH genre. However, the figures of films which belong to MCU are quite similar to other films of the MCU with way less known characters (Far from home figures are the same than Captain Marvel's, for example).

We are in an unknown territory since during last months the market behaviour has been absolutely conditioned by covid. Eternals OW is quite promising for MCU in order to recover pre-pandemic figures. But let's remember that covid is rising again in many European countries (50,000 new cases yesterday in Germany, new absolute record), so you should not rule out new restrictions in Europe.

Spain, for the moment, has very good health conditions, so, asuming no restrictions, taking into account Christmas boost, and asuming that even Batman could appear in the film, we could even see €20m. I will say 16-18 million for the moment, since I do not trust in a magical improve of quality in Spidey MCU's films.

Edited by peludo
  • Thanks 2

On 11/10/2021 at 11:40 PM, LPLC said:

@ScareLol How is the hype in Spain for NWH ? Your predictions ?

Hype is real. I work in a cinema and a lot of people already asked for tickets. It's going to be big. As @peludo said €16-18M is reasonable for the film. With strong WoM and the entire holidays, we can see more (+20M). I will try to post pre-sales when they are up

• Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1