BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

On par to a World Cup Final? Let it go, turn off the Playstation and go to bed. Nothing would be overrated than a Clásico

You are right, it won't be on par with a World Cup Final... it would be way over it!!! unless Brazil and Argentina were playing that final. Then, it would be on par :P

• Like 2

On par to a World Cup Final? Let it go, turn off the Playstation and go to bed. Nothing would be overrated than a Clásico

I do not have a Playstation and it is midday. Not time to go to bed...

Tell me which match is bigger in the world in terms of relevance, potential audience or interest. I have not said it would be the best possible football match. Madrid right now is not at the same level than Barça, and probably, not at the same level than 4 or 5 European teams. Just it would be the most followed match.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/dec/09/twitter-facebook-instagram-world-leading-football-clubs-social-media

Both are the biggest football clubs in the world (with Man Utd. permission), so the biggest club match would be between them in the main club competition. Maybe, as Henry has said, just a Brazil-Argentina in a WC final could surpass the interest and tension of a Madrid-Barça in a CL final.

• Like 2

I do not have a Playstation and it is midday. Not time to go to bed...

Tell me which match is bigger in the world in terms of relevance, potential audience or interest. I have not said it would be the best possible football match. Madrid right now is not at the same level than Barça, and probably, not at the same level than 4 or 5 European teams. Just it would be the most followed match.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/dec/09/twitter-facebook-instagram-world-leading-football-clubs-social-media

Both are the biggest football clubs in the world (with Man Utd. permission), so the biggest club match would be between them in the main club competition. Maybe, as Henry has said, just a Brazil-Argentina in a WC final could surpass the interest and tension of a Madrid-Barça in a CL final.

I can understand this, The Spanish don't know so well what a World Cup Final mean, they have played it just one time in a century.... while we are at six (four wins).

I can understand this, The Spanish don't know so well what a World Cup Final mean, they have played it just one time in a century.... while we are at six (four wins).

That is not necessary. Nobody denies the palmares of Italy in World Cup, which is superb. We prefectly know what means a World Cup. But it is a win for just a country. Nothing will be better in terms of sports that my country can win a World Cup. And I will never forget July 11th, 2010. But that is for me, for Spanish people in 2010, or for you in 2006.

However. a team can have followers everywhere. For that reason, it can have a similar potential interest a match between the two main clubs in the world than a match between two countries. In last July, party was in Germany and deception in Argentina. When the match finished, I turned off the TV and I went to bed. And that happened with the 99% of people who watched that match outside Germany and Argentina. But in a CL final with two teams involved with so many followers around the world, no matters the country. It is a very different situation.

I do not want to downgrade the World Cup, which is the second sport event in the world, just behind Olympic Games, but it is undeniable that certain club matches have nearly the same relevance than a WC.

• Like 3

Don't worry, I am not so serious about this, It's just fun after a really unexpected win. I know well that Real and Barca are the most followed sport teams in the world even if I think it depends mostly by a very good marketing job. When I went in Spain the only things i had absolutely to see was Nou Camp and Santiago Bernabeu.

Also I think that the World Cup is a bigger event than Olympiad.

Edited by edroger
  • Like 3

Don't worry, I am not so serious about this, It's just fun after a really unexpected win. I know well that Real and Barca are the most followed sport teams in the world even if I think it depends mostly by a very good marketing job. When I went in Spain the only things i had absolutely to see was Nou Camp and Santiago Bernabeu.

Also I think that the World Cup is a bigger event than Olympiad.

Well, I expect you did not see just 2 stadiums. There are so many great places and things to see here...

• Like 1

Its Barcelona vs Real Madrid.... Messi vs Penaldo (:ph34r:).... a competition that, yes, happens every year (unlike the World Cup that happens once every four years), BUT a Barça-RMadrid final has NEVER happened.... interest would have rocketed to the sky and beyond....

• Like 1

Fiesta del Cine (Monday to Thursday): 1.6m admissions, €4.64m 

Top 5

1- The Avengers: AoU: 447k admissions, €1.3m

2- The Longest Ride: 147k adm, €0.43m

3- Suite Française: 104k adm, €0.30m

4- The Water Diviner, 98k adm, €0.28m

5- The Wedding Ringer, 72k adm, €0.21m

• Like 1

Its Barcelona vs Real Madrid.... Messi vs Penaldo ( :ph34r:).... a competition that, yes, happens every year (unlike the World Cup that happens once every four years), BUT a Barça-RMadrid final has NEVER happened.... interest would have rocketed to the sky and beyond....

Penaldo? -_-

Respect...

Edited by efialtes76

I was expecting less. There was not hype at all among young people. I haven't seen a single add. And Barça won the spanish league 2 hours ago. Barcelona is full of celebrations everywhere, specially downtown :)

Congrats to Barcelona. Benfica won the Portuguese league today as well. 

Mad Max had a MASSIVE campaign over here. It was everywhere. The opening was solid but nothing spectacular. It was very hot today so that didn't help.

• Like 1