BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

$15M for The Croods? How's it?

Last year, Lorax did in the same weekend (2nd weekend for movie during Easter Holidays), 2.16 million. From that point it did 4 million more. The Croods has done 3.6 million. Considering Croods is about 65% ahead Lorax both 2nd weekend and cume, we can think in 16-17 million $ total. That amount is like 200 million in US (more or less).

so it gross +10 million from IM2 then ?

For the record (according BOM):

Iron Man (3.4M $ OW / 12M $ Total)

Iron Man 2 (3.5 OW / 7.6 Total)

Avengers (7.1 OW / 20.2 Total)

I do not have any data about IM3, but if what Fullbuster says is truth, it should open to maybe 4-5 million and try to land somewhere between 12-15 million (every number is in $)

IM opened to 2.1 million € and IM2 opened to 2.6 million. One analyst say it should open at about 3% of OW in US, as last two installments did (3.4% and 2.7%, respectively). Asuming 150 million $ in US it would give us about 3.6 million €. It could go until 4 million €. With actual exchange rate that is about 4.6-5.2 million $. I do not have more elements to analyze it.

IronMan3 opens near $1,5M on friday and projects to a 3-day cume above $6M. It would be more than 80% better than IronMan2

1,1M€ friday, open weekend expected 4,5 - 5M€

80% better than IM2 is perfectly fine for me :lol:

IronMan3 opens near $1,5M on friday and projects to a 3-day cume above $6M. It would be more than 80% better than IronMan2 1,1M€ friday, open weekend expected 4,5 - 5M€

Perfect

Terrible economic crisis in Spain, the market sharply declined in the recent years.

80% better than IM2 in such a context is a good thing.

Indeed. I was thinking in 3.5-4 million €. Just to point that Avengers opened to 5.3 million € last year. If IM3 opens to 4.5-5 million € that would be a 85-95% of Avengers opening. Quite good given the horrible circumstances.

And remember that Iron Man has never done enormous numbers here. Iron Man did 12 million $ in 2008 when there was not crisis (ranked #16 of the year), and Iron Man 2 did not reach 8 million $ (#31 of the year). Even Avengers ranked just #6 last year.