The Creator

3.15 "As the Sun Rises"

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Box Office Alliance - Season 3?

• Baumer
    • Riczhang
  2. 2. What is the best season of Box Office Alliance?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3

Let's leave it at that. Please don't try to figure your score out in advance when actuals do come up, or based off estimates. I will kill you if you ruin the suspense.

My early projection (and I haven't even looked at the players' answers):

Winner:

riczhang

Who I want to win:

Not saying

Who I voted for:

;) 

Wow guys, the finale's today. I can't believe this season is ending already, and yet, it's been 4 months since it began. So in a way, I can't believe it's been that long. It's been a great season and I've enjoyed all of you this season. You've made this one of the most interesting seasons ever.

I work until 7 today, so the awards ceremony and finale results will be coming this evening and throughout the night. Please, if you get a chance, swing by then, because it will be unforgettable.

I am not going to try to figure out my scores this time......no problem. I think I did well enough. The questions this weekend were difficult. I took some chances and some I didn't. Some will pay off and some won't. We'll see how it all plays out but I don't think Rich is the runaway winner yet.

I'll be here at about 8 tonight.

Good luck Ric....youre a terrific player and win or lose youre a champ in my mind.

Im on my phone so ill have limited participation.

Edited by baumer

SEASON 3 IN REVIEW

We are so close to revealing our winner. It has been the most brutal season of Box Office Alliance. As we approach 50 episodes of the hit game, we reflect on the changes that have come since the game's inception. a year ago. While Season 1 had a few errors (that were patched up by the game's end), Seasons 2 and 3 improved and continually got better. Season 1 was very straightforward, a competitive and clear-laced prediction game where winner takes all. Season 2 expanded on that idea, keeping to the heart of the alliance system, but adding in new twists and turns and bringing about a more compelling, dramatic, and suspenseful experience. But Season 3 changed everything. This will go down as the Season of the Legends. Everyone who participated this season brought their A-game. The usuals came in full force, and new regulars were born. The rookies triumphed at times (and one above all others, for making it to the finale). The veterans slaughtered, and got slaughtered. The times changed drastically. We witnessed the most competitive, exciting, and surprising season of Box Office Alliance, and frankly, I don't know how we can top it next season.

Season 3 started very differently from the first two seasons. In Season 1 and 2, the players were already arranged onto their teams of two players each by the start of the first game, although by different processes. However, in Season 3, all players were individual, and the teams were built over the first quarter of the season. The first four episodes were engaging in that new teams were forged from the competitions, and this gave more meaning to placing first. The last episode of the first quarter followed a dramatic elimination of the remaining players and the formation of the final teams. It was a surprise twist, and the start of many to come in the season.

The stage was set for the most peculiar twist of the season. Shortfly following the elimination of great players like Fakhir and CJohn around the turn to the second quarter, a ballot went up. The players voted on who they wanted to see host a special week of Box Office Alliance. The second quarter of the season focused on this upcoming Special Host Week. In it, Gopher and ShawnMR won the competition and became co-Special Hosts for two weeks, stunning us all with their challenging questions and surprise eliminations. The aftermath was bloody, as some of the key players were left with negative scores. It was a bloodbath, and many would never recover over the remaining portion of the season. Some have criticized this surprise Special Host Week as a dumb play, yet others have glorified it, calling it one of the most exciting phases of Box Office Alliance history. The mixed reception was expected, but at least in the end it succeeded blissfully...and painfully.

From there, the Top Ten games began, and as always, they were the ripest and most competitive of the games so far in the season. Here, a hugely crushing blow came as XenoZodiac, a long time veteran of Box Office Alliance, was eliminated just shy of the Top Ten. More alarming, CEDAR, the Season 2 winner and Player of the Season for Season 1, dropped out of the Mega Challenge. CEDAR's withdrawal from the game represented a hugely unsettling moment, and it proved the elitist status of the remaining players. To be able to outlast CEDAR was quite an accomplishment. CEDAR admittedly didn't play up to his usual standards, but if he had, he would've been right here in the finale himself.

But surprise and tragedy struck again a week later, when two star players were eliminated. Totem, the frontrunner of the season at that point, was eliminated on a technicality for receiving three strikes. Totem, who won Player of the Season in Season 2, fell short of the Final Five games, and his elimination paved the way for everyone else to succeed...for undoubtedly, he was the most powerful and feared opponent at the time. Perhaps equally, if not moreso, alarming was the elimination that followed in the week. Acsc, the star of Box Office Alliance, the only player to have appeared in all 42 episodes up until that point, and the only player to make it to both Finales in the previous two seasons, went into the Challenge against his enemy-turned-partner-turned-enemy Alfred...and he lost. Acsc's elimination was, to me, the most surprising elimination of the season. It was unexpected, and the game felt hollow without him.

But we had more incredible players left, and a tense competition for the Final Five began. But as ChD was eliminated in a misfired Challenge, the Final Five became a Final Six. And from there, all hell broke loose. In what I consider to be the shining moment of the season, perhaps of the game, the final competitors competed against forum regulars of other successful games, testing their skill on the same questions in heated competitions. Only Riczhang won his competition, and the week saw the eliminations of star veterans Goffe, DoctorWho, and Alfred. Three moved on: JackO, Baumer, and Riczhang. They went on to compete in the most exciting episode of Box Office Alliance...a three round competition against three forum regulars. In the first stage, the trio competed against the famed and respected Numbers. Those who survived moved on to compete against bed005...and in the final round, the players who survived competed against The Creator, the host of Box Office Alliance. In the end, Baumer won the exciting three rounds and advanced to the finale. A vote for who would join him was cast, and Riczhang went on to join Baumer.

And so here we stand at the last episode of the season. Baumer versus Riczhan? Who is the Lone Legend? Who will win this game? Find out tonight!

I must say, this has been a very game-changing season. It's been full of heartbreak, surprise victories, and fun twists, and I have enjoyed running it very much. You've all made this another wonderful season, and it may just be my favorite season so far. I've enjoyed having each and every one of you here to be a part of this, and I'm glad you've participated and kept the game alive and exciting.

We will now begin the Awards Ceremony, in preparation for the final showdown. Stay tuned!

Season 3 - Awards Ceremony

Now, to recognize achievements earned this season, I will be hosting the seasonal Awards Ceremony, a time-honored tradition of Box Office Alliance. These awards recognize players on merit, skill, honesty, strategy, teamwork, individuality, and other related, or not related, factors. I will begin now.

The Underdog Award

A recognizeable award, this one goes out to the player who withstood the competition and forces holding him back and made it far against the odds. The nominees:

-Baumer

-ChD

-CJohn

-iTz Only Ed (Edward)

And the winner is:

Baumer, who made it to the finale and has a chance at winning it all!

The Top Dog Award

It was a top heavy season, so this one recognizes the player who was the top of his game. This is hard, as all the nominees (and those not nominated) were really stellar this season. The nominees:

-Acsc1312

-Alfred

-Goffe

-Riczhang

-Totem

Difficult to choose. The winner is:

Goffe. Even though Riczhang made it further, Goffe brought more of his A-game. Riczhang lived up to his potential...Goffe surpassed his.

The Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda Award

A favorite of mine, this one goes out to the player(s) just outside the Top Ten who could've made it in if there had been different circumstances. This season has some really presitigious names. The nominees:

-CEDAR

-CJohn

-Fakhir

-Iceroll

-XenoZodiac

Four of these players made it into the Top Ten in previous seasons (two in both Season 1 and 2). The winner:

Cedar. It may have been a bit obvious, but it was still close. CEDAR is one of the biggest players of Box Office Alliance, so it's alarming that he finished just outside the Top Ten.

The Behavior Award

This award recognizes the player who was most well-behaved, tolerated the rules, and didn't outstep himself or try to start any kind of fuss. The players this season, despite the competitiveness, were very well tamed, with no dramatic outbursts of competitiveness (which is both a plus and a minus). So the nominees are:

-Baumer

-ChD

-Goffe

-iTz Only ED (Edward)

-JackO

And the winner is:

ChD. Congratulations.

And now, the first nominee of the most prestigious award: Player of the Season. "The Player of the Season" award recognizes the player who most symbolically represents the season, even if he isn't the person who wins the season. This season has a lot of strong potential nominees. The first nominee is:

TOTEM (he won this award last season. This season, he continued to bring his A-game and could've won were it not for his elimination on his third strike.)

More awards coming next.

Awards Ceremony - cont.

The Most Surprising Elimation Award

A lot of really strong players were eliminated this season. This award is for the most surprising elimination. The nominees:

-Acsc1312

-Alfred

-CEDAR

-Goffe

-Totem

The winner is:

Acsc1312 - it's odd, him not being around for the finale. He's always been around for the finale.

The Award for Most Liked Player

Since teams were more obsolete this season than ever, and constantly changing, it was hard to tell whose allegiances lay where. This award recognizes the player that seems most liked by the others. The nominees:

-Alfred

-Baumer

-Goffe

-Iceroll

-Riczhang

The winner is:

Baumer - There seemed to be a strong support for him when he made it to the Final Five, and especially since he made it to the Finale. In the polls, he has been leading, and people seem to be rooting for him. He is the underdog, but he's also beloved.

The Award for Most Feared Player

Is it better to be feared or respected? Well tonight, we'll recognize both, but this award goes out to the player who others would most want to see eliminated because he's just too damn good. The nominees:

-Alfred

-CEDAR

-RichWS

-Riczhang

-Totem

The winner is:

Totem - This was sooo close between him and Riczhang. But I recall a lot of satisfaction upon Totem's elimination (not cruelly, but just out of the relief of knowing that everyone else stood a much better chance). Given a chance, everyone would most like to see Totem eliminated because he's so damn good.

The Award for Most Respected Player

And now to recognize the player who others held in the highest esteem. The nominees:

-Acsc1312

-Alfred

-CEDAR

-Goffe

-Riczhang

The winner is:

Alfred - Everyone respects Alfred. No shit on him, it seems. He's good at what he does, and everyone knows it. He's the only veteran to make it to the Final Five of all three seasons, and there's a reason for that.

The Award for Most Forgotten Player

Perhaps kind of negative, but really it just signifies the player who was most forgotten this season because he didn't quite live up to his expectations. The nominees:

-Fakhir

-iTz Only Ed (Edward)

-Tawasal

-XenoZodiac

The winner is:

XenoZodiac - Because frankly, he can do so much better. It seems he didn't participate as much this season, and for that, he seems more cast aside.

The second nominee for Player of the Season is:

GOFFE

Don't rush me. This is always one of my favorite parts of the season. I hate that I have to do it this late at night.

The Awards Ceremony - cont.

The Most Competitive Player Award

This award recognizes the player who was the most competitive, always trying to be number one. The nominees:

-Alfred

-Goffe

-JackO

-Riczhang

-Totem

And the winner is:

Riczhang - a very competitive player, it has treated him well. Kudos.

The Strategy Award

Because this season was more individual focused, this award recognizes the individual, rather than the team, who had the best strategy. The nominees:

-DoctorWho

-Goffe

-RichWS

-Riczhang

-Totem

And the winner is:

Riczhang - his strategy payed off. By always trying to gun for the top, he managed to come out on top...or damn near to it. He managed to place in the finale, and he has a shot at winning.

The Award for Best Team

This award recognizes the team that was strongest this season. The teams were not as prominent as the individuals this season, but the nominees are:

-"The Elites" (DoctorWho and Riczhang)

-"The FireEaters" (Alfred and Xeno)

-"Ice Ice Baumy" (Iceroll and Baumer)

-"The Overlords" (Totem and Goffe)

-"Rich Boy Swag" (RichWS and Riczhang)

The winner is:

"Rich Boy Swag" (RichWS and Riczhang) - The first team formed, they were also the longest lasting, and they were pretty dominant in the 7 weeks they were around.

The Award for Best Team Name

This award recognizes the most creative team name. The nominees:

-"The A-Team" (Alfred and Acsc)

-"The Annihilators" (CJohn and Goffe)

-"Ice Ice Baumy" (Iceroll and Baumer)

-"Rich Boy Swag" (RichWS and Riczhang)

-"The Towering Tools" (Totem and JackO)

The winner:

"The Towering Tools" (Totem and JackO) - Because the name is such a play on words for the two players' names.

The Award for Best Episode

This award recognizes the best episode of the season (excluding the Finale):

-"The First Shadows" (Game 3.1)

-"Last Opportunity" (Game 3.4)

-"Guest Host Week with Gopher and Shawn" (Game 3.8)

-"Champion Battleground" (Game 3.13)

-"A War of Gods" (Game 3.14)

And the winner is:

"A War of Gods" (Game 3.14) - really impressed.

The Rookie Award

This award recognizes the rookie who was the biggest standout of the season. There were not many rookies this season, so the nominees are:

-Baumer

-ChD

-Iceroll

The winner is:

Baumer - clearly, since he made it tp the Finale.

The Veteran Award

This award recognizes the veteran who was the biggest standout of the season. A bit tougher than the Rookie Award. The nominees:

-Alfred

-DoctorWho

-Goffe

-Riczhang

-Totem

The winner is:

Goffe - really triumphed, despite being eliminated in 6th place. Went beyond his expectations and proved to be the strongest player for a while.

The Challenge Award

This award recognizes the player who faired best in the Challenges. The nominees:

-Acsc1312

-Alfred

-Baumer

-Totem

The winner is:

Alfred - because he went furthest in The Challenges, competed in 4 of them, and was on a long winning streak, even beating Acsc.

The Award for Best Box Office Skill

Recognizing the player who was the best predictor overall. The nominees:

-Acsc1312

-Alfred

-Goffe

-Riczhang

-Totem

The winner is:

Totem - his average would've been the highest were it not for his strikes.

The Individual Spirit Award

This award recognizes the player who was most involved. There were a lot of reallty involved players this season. The nominees:

-Acsc1312

-Alfred

-Baumer

-ChD

-Riczhang

The winner is:

ChD - he always had a lot to say and was around even after his elimination, keeping track of the game.

The third nominee for Player of the Season is:

ALFRED

Up next...I reveal the finale. Who will win? Baumer or Riczhang?