The Dark Alfred

Alfred's Year 6 TOP 25

Here's the thing. Only #13 and #25 are in the right place. The whole list is upside down!!!!

The CORRECT ORDER is:

#25 Killer Computer

#24 Bioshock

#23 Society

#22 New Species

#21 Texans Hate Zombies

#20 High Life

#19 Sir Tymes Time

#18 La Grand Ecran

#17 Unbalanced 3

#16 The Shepherd and the Daughter of the Sun

#15 The Cardinal In The Kremlin

#14 24 Hours

#13 To The Moon

#12 Wicked

#11 Last Ditch Effort

#10 The Stuff Of Legend: Into The Dark

#9 Avarice

#8 The Zone

#7 Liam Neeson and Chuck Norris vs Giant Spiders

#6 Expedecade

#5 Planeswalkers: Betrayals

#4 451

#3 Mysteries of the Beyond

#2 Careful Laid Plans

Sorry to disappoint Andrew and CJohn.

I'm sure that it's good news for Blankment and Riczhang.

Numbers, Creator - having very strong films in the same year has a downside, it's inevitably causes some upset, Avarice is lower, because I prefered 451, Cardinal is lower, because I prefered 24 Hours and really liked Mysteries.

Now all is good, but who do you reckon that will be #1?

Edited by Alfred Quintana
  • Like 2

I think you'll honestly admit that LN+CNvsGP and Unbalanced 3 were tad better horror projects. I dig Mysteries a lot.

LNCNGS has it beat on sheer ambition. But I never have been a fan of the Unbalanced films.

• Like 1

That's brilliant #2! And it was such an unexpected twist. And I can't wait for number 1. I think everything we'd expect to be ranked high are already on the list. Nice to see some Chuck Norris love. That might've been the most fun I've ever had reading a CAYOM movie.

• Like 1

Barricade was like the first Planeswalker film. Too long a running time for too tiny a plot.

Yeah. I realise that. I has to fast track it meaning that the film wasn't completely finished. There was originally a President and an outside arc as well. I did cut back the running time though, is it still too long?

Okay, I have a question for everyone. What made CN+LNvGS better than all the previous Chuck Norris movies? I definitely plan on continuing the franchise after it is the first movie in the franchise to get unaminous critical praise, and I want to know what made it more special than the original trilogy.

Okay, I have a question for everyone. What made CN+LNvGS better than all the previous Chuck Norris movies? I definitely plan on continuing the franchise after it is the first movie in the franchise to get unaminous critical praise, and I want to know what made it more special than the original trilogy.

The B-movie elements are better constructed. It's no longer just goofing around but clever goofing around

• Like 1

You've taken the franchise more and more seriously ad they've just gotten better. Chuck Norris was a huge blast to read.

The B-movie elements are better constructed. It's no longer just goofing around but clever goofing around

Gotcha. I'll be keeping the multiple-bill style with fake trailers for all future films, and hopefully next year's is just as fun to read! :D

B-movies like CNLNGS, Texans Hate Zombies, etc, need an inherent goofiness and irreverent attitude throughout with characters and plot, but they still need to be well-constructed in that it's not just random parody and spoofing but has a solid foundation of what's going on and why.

For a pair of recent examples, look at Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Yeah, Loch Ness Monster was just a filler, and Abominable Snowman was essentially me looking up every reason a film could be rated R, and fitting into one movie while lampshading it. Didn't really care about the characters. Bigfoot improved thanks to me giving Liam Neeson and Chuck Norris individual goals for the movie, and then with Giant Spiders, I tried to give all six of them (Norris, Neeson, Jackson, Chan, Willis, and Mr. T) their own critical flaws and goals, and resolved most of them, leaving a few open for future sequels. So, yeah, I feel like I have a good foundation for future films. :P