But doesn`t that undermine the whole point of moving forward? After all, the moden stuff was fun but it`s rtadition (and regressive one,at that) that saves lives and relationships. Ouch.

I think it's just one step back to do that act of saving someone and then it's the last time according to hollywood movies and then you go forward with your old plan.

I think it's just one step back to do that act of saving someone and then it's the last time according to hollywood movies and then you go forward with your old plan.

Until next time when you have to take a step back. I`m sorry but that doesn`t cut it.

It seems you are putting too much force in to it than others. Proven by the box office perfomance.

Boxoffice performence proved that audience likes tradition. I`m just laughing because all those feminist poseurs think this is a hit because Merida won her own hand at the archery competition whereas it`s because she did what her mom wanted her to do all along. :P

Boxoffice performence proved that audience likes tradition. I`m just laughing because all those feminist poseurs think this is a hit because Merida won her own hand at the archery competition whereas it`s because she did what her mom wanted her to do all along. :P

You just like touching our buttons as long as we admit to that Katniss is a more role model then merida, right? :lol:

Merida defenders are sad. Nowhere in books and movies Katniss said she was a model of female emancipation which is exactly the point Merida tries to drive through eevryone`s head. Until, well, spoiler area. Katniss shoots arrows to feed her family not because she thinks that makes liberated from mom`s tradition. Big difference.

I hate that EW is championing the idea that Merida could be gay. Nothing in the movie directly hints to it, the movie doesn't revolve around her sexuality, so why do they even care?

Do these people realize they're part of the problem? Why can't someone just not want to be forced into getting married?

Ugh I hate when people have to make connections to things that aren't there. Brave has nothing to do with gays. If Brave is about gay rights then Up is about a pedophilia.

Merida liked boys but she didn't want to be forced to marry one. She wanted to marry out of love not just because the law said she had to marry one of the three eldest boys. Brave isn't about a Scottish lesbian but it is about a Scottish princess who wants to marry out of love.

I didn't know you had anything nice to say about that film.

Ronan was good despite stupid premise and acknowledging who primary target audience is by making the character a lesbian is nice.I cna muster some nice stuff to say when there`s any.

Edited by fishnets