Well, duh. When I make a post you all can assume it's my opinion and not me speaking on behalf of Pixar's broad audience. :P

Up has a wonderful opening but it's unfortunately when the movie peaks. I thought Brave was consistently more entertaining.

I think my ranks right now, something like:

1. Ratatouille

2. Toy Story 3

3. Incredibles/Finding Nemo

5. Brave

Need to rewatch the rest to make a solid rest of the list, Cars 2 evidently ends it. Possibly TS2/Wall-E/MI challenging for the 5th spot then Cars/Bug's Life/Toy Story/Up rounding out the bottom.

I so would have loved to have seen Chapman's Brave. I mean, I already really liked this one, and her Brave was purportedly game-changing for this genre.

She claims her version wasn't all that different from what was on screen, so I'm not sure it would've turned out much differently.

I wonder if the "game-changing" version was the one they made after she was kicked off that she wasn't happy with.

Edited by tribefan695

She claims her version wasn't all that different from what was on screen, so I'm not sure it would've turned out much differently.

I wonder if the "game-changing" version was they made after she was kicked off that she wasn't happy with.

The essence was there as she was the consultant after and I highly doubt Lasseter would have that much fat in his head to let John Carter's assistant director or whatever position Andrews held to steer that (mother-daughter relationship).

However, I'm also of the opinion Brenda's pretty much been signed to a non-disclosure contract, as most Pixarians who leave seem to have been. It certainly didn't seem a happy marriage after that debacle of kicking her off.

Also, what I refer to is some anonymous industry inside chap who claimed to have seen Brave when Brenda was still in charge (rough cut) and claiming that it was better than the final product and whilst "game changing" wasn't the description basically something along those lines, like, different to what is accustomed from Pixar.

I read something to that effect but I don't remember him saying it was while Brenda was still in charge. She actually spun it negative in that NY Times editorial, saying that it's frustrating how a man can do the exact same thing a woman does and get all the credit (which I think is a bit unfair as I'm sure anyone who cares is well aware of what she contributed to the film).

Also, you underestimate the clout Mark Andrews has. He had been a member of Pixar's braintrust for quite some time and John Carter had not yet been a massive flop with mixed reviews at the time he was brought on.

Edited by tribefan695

I remember them saying there was more of a backstory to Mor'du; like, a whole subplot.

I wouldn't be surprised. Personally, I think the story narrative was a mess -- between the mother/daughter, the suitors, the witch and the bear -- it wasn't tied together anywhere near as strong and neat as most Pixar films are.

Maybe there will be shorts of Merrida as a younger child -- would love that (personally, I felt the story could have used more).