If I'm going to get hyped for Monsters U they'd better get their marketing act together. I don't want them playing up any jokes that need context to actually be funny like every other kids movie's advertising seems to do.

My children still watch MI probably more than any other animated movie, and we almost never miss the ride when we go to disneyland.

If I'm going to get hyped for Monsters U they'd better get their marketing act together. I don't want them playing up any jokes that need context to actually be funny like every other kids movie's advertising seems to do.

LOL

Said like that... it's so true!

This prequel (for an animated...!) needs to be "out of time".

LOL

Said like that... it's so true!

This prequel (for an animated...!) needs to be "out of time".

Seriously, that's a big problem with marketing. Everyone seems to think random slapstick, face mugging, and arbitrary "punchlines" (the music halts so a character can say something that's supposed to sound funny) are all you need to put in a trailer. Does anyone who cuts these trailers actually watch them to make sure the jokes still make sense and are funny from the perspective of someone who is completely unfamiliar with the movie?

Edited by tribefan695

Seriously, that's a big problem with marketing. Everyone seems to think random slapstick, face mugging, and arbitrary "punchlines" (the music halts so a character can say something that's supposed to sound funny) are all you need to put in a trailer. Does anyone who cuts these trailers actually watch them to make sure the jokes still make sense and are funny from the perspective of someone who is completely unfamiliar with the movie?

Animated AND liveaction!

About the "new" funny in animated:

Didn't all this started with Shrek in 2001?

Irony/mocking/popculture jokes etc.

US animated always put the laughing in first...why? Following the tradition of BugsBunny/Tom&Jerry, etc?

"Kids" also like to be amazed first... or just touched (Miyazaki for example).

Oh oh oh oh! I got this! The highest rated animated movie taking place in Scotland, Ireland or Wale..

3710_KellsDVD.jpg

GODDAMMIT!

Castle in the Sky was supposedly greatly inspired by Miyazaki's trips to Wales, but I guess it doesn't count since it doesn't actually take place there.

Edited by tribefan695