I read the reviews on RT. They are not very good. When someone praises the technical side, you know that there is something lacking elsewhere. The hair animation is really well done, but so much realism there only shows that the characters are not live size. I always doubted the existence of an uncanny valley effect, but for me this is off-putting. The first pictures last year promised more realism in the animation. I was looking forward to epic sceenery. The backgrounds are fine enough but the characters went the wrong way. Children will probably love that. I doubt that Brave will become a classic, a yardstick to measure other animation movies. From what I know about the plot the story seems to have gone an easy route not alienating the younger kids.

I hope that someday someone commanding a similar budget will dare to make a more adult movie.

Todd McCarthy on TANGLED

An old-fashioned Disney fairy tale gussied up in 3D for the holidays. FRESH

Todd McCarthy on BRAVE

Pixar's 13th feature plays it safe and old-fashioned rather than risky and adventurous. ROTTEN

Are-You-On-Drugs-PSP-Theme.jpg

Pixar bashing.

That was bound to happen.

People got bored saying how amazing they were, except for Baumer I guess.

Now it s backlash time for no particluar reason.

Madagascar 3 got great reviews.

For no particular reason either.

I am 99% sure this film will appeal to me because it's Pixar. And even when I don't see the initial draw (like I didn't with Ratatouille), I have learned that Pixar WILL deliver. That being said, I think Brave is having a Ratatouille effect on me so far. I see that it will be tackling a heavy subject with fate and breaking molds, it just simply hasn't hit me in the gut... YET.