Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

He still outlived all of three of the Four Kings he was warring against that he shouldn't have. Without having to lift his hiney from his seaweed seat. Even if the Old God had different plans, the Two have been kind to him. :P

Plus he never died like Melisandre promised. Which is one reason why Stannis in Season 3 was kinda botched, since he was made more eager and cavalier about sacrifices than in the books.

• Like 1

I'm telling ya, he was in a downward spiral thanks to the guilt of murdering his own brother, hence couldn't think straight. For me, that just makes him an even more tragic and poignant character. Only poetic that he is ultimately killed for the sin that weighed on him most and was the beginning of the end for him.

Agree with this wholeheartedly: https://twitter.com/jacobtwop/status/607795606375956480

Crude and simplistic are OOC for a character introduced as sacrificing his relatives for being "heretics"? He just killed his brother and lost most of his men and ships at the Battle of Blackwater. Of course he is going to be at his lowest of lows.

You can argue that Book Stannis and Show Stannis are two different characters, but Show Stannis was never inconsistent during his downward trajectory when taken by himself.   

I have a theory about why they are introducing the entire Tarly family next season.

I think they are setting them up as the second most powerful house in the Reach after the Tyrells and since Willas Tyrell has been excluded, Randyll will probably play Willas's much teased role in the last two books. If both Margaery and Loras perish, then I guess the Tarlys will become the Great House of the Reach on the show. Reflective of the Tyrells' own rise to power after the decimation of the Gardeners.

I have a theory about why they are introducing the entire Tarly family next season.

I think they are setting them up as the second most powerful house in the Reach after the Tyrells and since Willas Tyrell has been excluded, Randyll will probably play Willas's much teased role in the last two books. If both Margaery and Loras perish, then I guess the Tarlys will become the Great House of the Reach on the show. Reflective of the Tyrells' own rise to power after the decimation of the Gardeners.

In the books, a decently followed fan theory is that

Randyll is going to switch sides and join (F)Aegon's team and provide the critical push to defeating the Lannister/Tyrell alliance, who are currently going to be sandwiched between fighting (F)Aegon and Euron and potentially each other.

Plus with Stannis dead, that actually makes Randyll probably the best battle commander and tactician in Westeros, based on book background. So he's going to be very valuable.

Huge spoiler for season 6. I'm talking HUGE. For both book readers and non. DON'T read if you don't want to know.

From Watchers on the Wall:

Sources report that today Game of Thrones is filming portions of a massive battle in Saintfield, Northern Ireland, that will likely be a part of episode nine. Preparations and the beginning of filming were seen in that area recently, but it was difficult to glean many details. We’ve learned that the battle will involve many northern armies fighting including the Umbers, the Boltons, wildlings and more! The true major spoiler is this: Kit Harington a.k.a Jon Snow was also seen at the location, participating in shooting this week.

• Like 1

It looks like he is playing the leader of a Braavosi mummer troupe. People who have read Arya's Book 6 preview chapter will know the role.

And it looks like Essie Davis of The Babadook will be part of that group as well.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/09/12/richard-e-grants-role-revealed-plus-the-babadooks-essie-davis-joins-the-cast/

• Like 1

Cat is out of the bag I guess: 

Harington: I often felt frustrated as well. I had to pass on amazing parts because I was attached to Game of Thrones. So the show is like a double-egded sword to me: I owe a lot to it, but at the same time it has almost completely drained me. Oh well, I try not to think about it too much. The important thing is that I now know exactly how long I am still under contract, and in the meantime–

Interviewer: How many more seasons would that be?

Harington: Nice try (laughs). I can’t talk about that. Let’s just say that Game of Thrones will remain a part of my life for a while, I’ll probably be in my thirties when it’s over. One thing’s for sure: the day I’m no longer on Thrones is the day I’ll bury myself in movie projects (laughs).

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/09/14/emilia-clarke-says-her-piece-on-sex-scenes-kit-harington-says-too-much/

Well I think that settles for good whether Jon Snow is gone from the show.

Kit acting like he was going to be the next Redmayne if he hadn't been "tied to GoT".  :rolleyes:  I can imagine what the "amazing parts" must have been. White Moses in Exodus? White Ali Baba in that movie currently circling Liam Hemsworth? And if they were actual good movies, then bullet dodged... for the movies.

Beforehand apology to Cozmees and Lady Arwen/X-Files TVnovelas. *Scoots like Varys anyway.*

tumblr_n78wasTcWC1qcv4aqo1_400.gif

• Like 3