Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

1 hour ago, GiantCALBears said:

They need to kill the Dorne storyline, what don't the show runners & George get? It's the Nikki & Paulo of GOT, enough is enough.

I agree with this, the Dorne plot sucks in the books and it sucks in the shows.  Everything else is either great or leading to something that should be great.

Im just thankful they at least picked it up a bit, I just feel like all of the assassinations should have happened during season 5.

Massive ratings in Australia.  The 396,000 is probably the 11am broadcast and the 285,000 would be the 7:30pm repeat.  It was a public holiday yesterday.

"Adding up all the playouts (including +2 channel) it amassed 727,000 viewers -the biggest series premiere in Pay TV history."

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/04/game-of-thrones-draws-record-ratings-but-australia-also-tops-piracy.html

Rank Description Channel\Market (r) National STV
1 GAME OF THRONES showcase 396,000
2 LIVE: AFL COLLINGWOOD V ESSENDON FOX FOOTY 321,000
3 LIVE: NRL DRAGONS V ROOSTERS FOX SPORTS 1 299,000
4 GAME OF THRONES showcase 285,000
5 LIVE: NRL STORM V WARRIORS FOX SPORTS 1 267,000
6 LIVE: NRL KNIGHTS V SEA EAGLES FOX SPORTS 1 232,000

TWD is on the same package of channels and only had 98,000 for the season finale at the beginning of the month.

Big jump from last season although it didn't coincide with ANZAC Day last year.

On 4/14/2015 at 10:29 AM, DeeCee said:

The leak didn't hurt the ratings in Australia.  A huge increase in the ratings from the Season 4 premiere.  Last year the 3:30pm and 7:30pm broadcasts had ratings of 115,000 and 158,000 respectively.  This year for the 11am and 7:30pm broadcasts it was 236,000 and 279,000 respectively.

For the two broadcasts of the season finale of The Walking Dead 2 weeks ago the ratings were 67,000 and 69,000.  Both shows are on the same subscription package so they have the same number of potential viewers.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/04/monday-13-april-2015.html

Edited by DeeCee

8 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

They need to kill the Dorne storyline, what don't the show runners & George get? It's the Nikki & Paulo of GOT, enough is enough.

The optimist in me hopes that D&D actually listened to the feedback on Dorne last year, and that the coup is essentially a reset. Whilst I agree they killed the wrong Dornish characters, my hope is that we now won't need to hear anything of these characters for several episodes, and only then

Spoiler

as a means for Dany entering Westeros 

There wasn't much of the Martells/SS in any of the trailers, so fingers crossed this is it.

Also, HBO has confirmed titles and synopses for episodes 2 & 3:

Spoiler

Episode 2 - Home

Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) trains with the Three-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow). In King’s Landing, Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) advises Tommen (Dean-Charles Chapman). Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) demands good news, but has to make his own. At Castle Black, the Night’s Watch stands behind Thorne (Owen Teale). Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon) proposes a plan, and Balon Greyjoy (Patrick Malahide) entertains other proposals.

Episode 3 - Oathbreaker

Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) meets her future. Bran meets the past. Tommen confronts the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce). Arya (Maisie Williams) trains to be No One. Varys (Conleth Hill) finds an answer. Ramsay gets a gift.

Edited by solaris

11 hours ago, solaris said:

The optimist in me hopes that D&D actually listened to the feedback on Dorne last year, and that the coup is essentially a reset. Whilst I agree they killed the wrong Dornish characters, my hope is that we now won't need to hear anything of these characters for several episodes, and only then

Hide contents

as a means for Dany entering Westeros 

There wasn't much of the Martells/SS in any of the trailers, so fingers crossed this is it.

Also, HBO has confirmed titles and synopses for episodes 2 & 3:

Hide contents

Episode 2 - Home

Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) trains with the Three-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow). In King’s Landing, Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) advises Tommen (Dean-Charles Chapman). Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) demands good news, but has to make his own. At Castle Black, the Night’s Watch stands behind Thorne (Owen Teale). Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon) proposes a plan, and Balon Greyjoy (Patrick Malahide) entertains other proposals.

Episode 3 - Oathbreaker

Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) meets her future. Bran meets the past. Tommen confronts the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce). Arya (Maisie Williams) trains to be No One. Varys (Conleth Hill) finds an answer. Ramsay gets a gift.

I think Episode 3 may be the Tower of Joy, since it's a vision of the past.  Also, Ramsay gets a gift sounds like we may be getting a little bit of satisfaction, as most "gifts" in GoT don't have positive connotations.  

It'd also fit in with the Oathbreaker title, as Tower of Joy has plenty of that, with Ned taking Lyara's bastard and promising to take care of it as his own (having to act like he broke his oath to Catelyn to hide the identity).

There's also a chance Jon gets resurrected fairly early and Oathbreaker is about his abandonment of the Night's Watch?  That's a bit more far fetched as I don't think we'll see him get resurrected until mid-season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

Hide contents

I think Episode 3 may be the Tower of Joy, since it's a vision of the past.  Also, Ramsay gets a gift sounds like we may be getting a little bit of satisfaction, as most "gifts" in GoT don't have positive connotations.  

It'd also fit in with the Oathbreaker title, as Tower of Joy has plenty of that, with Ned taking Lyara's bastard and promising to take care of it as his own (having to act like he broke his oath to Catelyn to hide the identity).

There's also a chance Jon gets resurrected fairly early and Oathbreaker is about his abandonment of the Night's Watch?  That's a bit more far fetched as I don't think we'll see him get resurrected until mid-season.

Spoiler

From what I've read, ToJ will be either ep 5 or 6 as Jack Bender was spotted directing at the location in Spain (he's the confirmed director for 5 & 6).

I think the reference in the synopsis to Bran meeting the past may be a reference to Jamie earning his 'Kingslayer' title with the Mad King. This screencap from the trailer would back it up (as would the title). Title may also be a reference to a number of other oaths being broken - Daenerys breaking her unspoken oath to becoming one of the Dosh Khaleen, Arya breaking her oath of becoming 'no-one' by cheating/warging in her training,  Brienne 'breaking' her oath of protecting Sansa by heading to the Riverlands. There's also some speculation that Ramsay's 'gift' will be Rickon Stark, previously sheltered from the Boltons by one of the disgruntled northern houses, who will thus be breaking their oath of protection to the youngest Stark child.

got-break-septs-pic.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

As for the resurrection of Jon Snow, I think it'll be no later than end of ep 4, with the Tower of Joy flashback following in episode 5.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, solaris said:

Hide contents

From what I've read, ToJ will be either ep 5 or 6 as Jack Bender was spotted directing at the location in Spain (he's the confirmed director for 5 & 6).

I think the reference in the synopsis to Bran meeting the past may be a reference to Jamie earning his 'Kingslayer' title with the Mad King. This screencap from the trailer would back it up (as would the title). Title may also be a reference to a number of other oaths being broken - Daenerys breaking her unspoken oath to becoming one of the Dosh Khaleen, Arya breaking her oath of becoming 'no-one' by cheating/warging in her training,  Brienne 'breaking' her oath of protecting Sansa by heading to the Riverlands. There's also some speculation that Ramsay's 'gift' will be Rickon Stark, previously sheltered from the Boltons by one of the disgruntled northern houses, who will thus be breaking their oath of protection to the youngest Stark child.

got-break-septs-pic.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

As for the resurrection of Jon Snow, I think it'll be no later than end of ep 4, with the Tower of Joy flashback following in episode 5.

All of that's possible, Id like to see Jon come back earlier rather than later, honestly.  If he comes back later his role this season will be diminished to some cool action scenes and you won't see how death affected him. 

Definitely a better episode than the premiere.

Spoiler

Jon's back, though I wonder if they have simplified his return in the show compared to the books.

They finally decided to tackle the Iron Islands/Kingsmoot storyline about 2 seasons later than it should have happened. Introducing Euron Episode 2 of Season 6, with no buildup or fanfare, given how ominous a character he is looming over book events, just fell flat to me.

Goodbye Roose, Walda, and Roose Jr. You were sacrificed on the altar of Make Ramsay a Great Shit Again.

Nice to see Tyrion did not share the fate of Prince Not Appearing in This Show Quentyn when it came to unchaining dragons.

• Like 1

...and there was much rejoicing. Glad I didn't get caught up in all the bullshitting about whether Snow was dead/alive during the offseason. 

And this show has actually succeeded in making me ponder if Joffrey was all that bad

• Like 1

Some other notes:

Spoiler

In the books it is heavily implied that Euron hires the Faceless Men to murder Balon instead of doing the deed himself. I really hope they don't ground Euron and make him just someone wanting power like essentially every other leader in the War of the 5 Kings. In the books he is being set up as a mad, almost existential threat with his hooks in various quasi-supernatural pots. I wonder if the Dragon Horn will appear.

At least Tommen realizes he doesn't have any balls. The little bit of FrankenGregor bashing the dude's head made me chuckle with how casually it was done.

Based on the previews it looks like we get the Tower of Joy next weekend!!!!

• Like 1

Tyrion the

the dragon whisperer? :ph34r:

as for Ramsay. While certain someone had it coming that little so and so....

and as for Jon. Enough has been said. 

Fantastic episode

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

Meh, not as impressed as some of you. I feel like all the major twists were very guessable and pretty weak writing overall. It's an improvement on last week I guess.

It's not that the twists were guessable or not, it's that I felt everything was executed top-notch in this episode.

• Like 1