DAR

Modern Family

American obeesity is fascinating Posted Image

He probably has to watch his weight alittle now, but isn't he also pre-puberty. And I think this weight matches his character. As he isn't into sports or working out.

Plus what is his real life nationality, as with Gloria, she being from Brazil, correct?, she has that curvy national shape????

I am fine with the plots going to the hospital, as with all those kids and some clutzy characters like Phil, Mitchell, Manny and Luke & young Lily & a baby, you could expect alot of mis-haps that might bring them to the hospital.

What do people think of Haley's boyfriend - I think he adds a nice flavor.... The week before with holding the baby, which got Claire bothered. As Claire has to win at everything.

and the new older Lily - She is a HOOT! > Get out, this isn't a Hotel

Well one time they went to the hospital because Gloria had the baby. That's standard issue.

Kidney stones, allergies, appendicitis, broken arm, heart attacks, minor foot injuries (and they go to the hospital)

even when a doll is out of order, they go to the clinics 

If I recall all hospital visits of my family in the last 40 years it amounts to the same as modern Family had in 4 years.

I've been to the US seven times for study, work and pleasure, but of course my picture is mainly built through tv-shows and movies.

And you do know they cast people on their acting ability mostly not what they look like

Of couse, which can lead to  problems, when the show runs really long and some of the former child actors grow into tiny adults not fiting into the family.

Kidney stones, allergies, appendicitis, broken arm, heart attacks, minor foot injuries (and they go to the hospital)

even when a doll is out of order, they go to the clinics 

If I recall all hospital visits of my family in the last 40 years it amounts to the same as modern Family had in 4 years.

I've been to the US seven times for study, work and pleasure, but of course my picture is mainly built through tv-shows and movies.

Those would be reason to go to the hospital

One thing I've noticed is that they always avoid PDA with Mitch and Cam. Phil and Claire try to arrange a sexy Valentine;s day  and we see them getting frisky, which is what led to Claire's heart thing, Gloria and Jay's plot involves trying to have sex after a 6 week dry spell, but people keep interrupting them but they do get in bed, Mitch and Cam... host a singles party and forget what happened.  It's like they're two roommates who decided to adopt an Asian girl for fun.

Normal people don't go the hospital many times a year for themselves...

Last time I went to a hospital for myself was about 2 years ago after I got a rather insane Nosebleed.

It didn't help the day before I read a story about how Atilla The Hun died of a nosebleed in his sleep.

I went to he hospital and they pretty much said I overacted lol...

So yes people do go to the hospital for rather minor things here...

• Community Manager

One thing I've noticed is that they always avoid PDA with Mitch and Cam. Phil and Claire try to arrange a sexy Valentine;s day  and we see them getting frisky, which is what led to Claire's heart thing, Gloria and Jay's plot involves trying to have sex after a 6 week dry spell, but people keep interrupting them but they do get in bed, Mitch and Cam... host a singles party and forget what happened.  It's like they're two roommates who decided to adopt an Asian girl for fun.

They had a whole episode about how they don't kiss...and then when they kissed, it wasn't a big deal. Mitchell isn't big on public displays of affection and he doesn't think it's a big deal. It's not that they always "avoid" it but it's just it's not a priority for them.