DAR

Modern Family

During highschool and while at university I did a lot of private tutoring (mostly in mathematics). Parents desperately want their children to get a better education, even if they are too stupid for it. Haley does not need a college to be successful in life. I wonder whether that is acceptable in an American sitcom. Luke is portraited as an outright moron (funny because the actor is a member of mensa). Even Phil is given traits of stupidity in contrast to his wife.

I wonder how Modern Family will progress. In 4 years Haley and Manny will be dwarves compared to the others. When Javier visits and he and Gloria stand next to "their" son, just funny. Luke and Alex will tower over "their" sister.

Haley is always on stilts -when directly from the pool:

Posted ImagePosted Image

according to IMDB Sarah Hyland is 1.65m to Julie Bowen 1.68m

I believe Julie Bowen's height, but not Sarah Hyland's. The 18 year old actress started playing a 14 year old 4 years ago. That was believable then. Now the 22 year old is just an undersized adult.

Edited by Rudolf

Best episode of the last 2 seasons for me. Every storyline clicked and there were many laugh-out-loud moments (even Lily was funny!). I think Phil's grown-up speech to Haley was the most powerful part of the episode. It's nice to see that he can crack out the old whip once in a while.

Probably the weakest episode of the season but still had some strong moments, Phil's "date", Luke continuing to deliver strong work. The rest of the story lines were just okay. One weird thing, didn't Hailey come back? I wonder if this episode was swapped with last weeks.

Who would invite a stranger, one just met, for a "boys-nite-out" just because he went to the same college? Ok, everything is set up for the great moment of truth, the emberassing revelation of true intentions and prefered sexual partners- and nothing -they lost confidence to pull this off without insulting gays (which they probably could not have done anyway).The Alex storyline was lame (I won medals at the International mathematics olympiade - of course my parents were proud)Jay-Mitchel can't they workout a better father-son relationship?Could they not come up with something funnier for Manny and Luke at the BarMithvah?

See I thought the Luke storyline was funny. And how about the great visual gag of parting the red dresses ala parting the Red Sea.Plus well before the movie came out some friends and I crashed a couple weddings. We even went to the church ceremony for one and when you went to the receiving line, I shook the grooms hand told him he was a lucky man and even hugged and kissed the bride.The first one we went to had a buffet style. So we managed to have a meal, some drinks, even participated when the garter was thrown. How we got busted was one of the bridesmaids happened to go to the same high school as us, she was a few years behind. She asked my friend if he was friends with the bride, he said the groom. The groom was her brother. So we had to hightail it out of there right while I was in the middle of eating some cake.

Edited by DAR

I thought last night's episode was the funniest in a long, long time. Phil's man-date was so hilarious. When he accidentally dimmed the lights and jazz music played and the fireplace lit up :rofl:. The other story lines were nothing special but the Phil one was priceless.

that was an accident? I thought he was showing off his Ipad.