baumer

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

8 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

It's fine. It's not quite a good movie, but it's just funny enough for me to keep me distracted from the trite, predictable story that offers zero surprises. It didn't waste Carell or Carrey's time, they're given enough to do, so I won't complain much. 

It's a movie that is funny in almost every scene. Carel is so over the top and Carrey is waaaaay over the top. And even Arkin cracked me up. It really never has a dull moment. I'd see it again for sure because it was so darned funny.

As a fan of magic I really enjoyed all the parody elements in this movie. If you have no interest in magic Carell and Carey Hamming it up is still probably worth the price of admission. Its by no means a great movie, but it is a pleasant way to pass 100 minutes.

Pretty much sums up my view of the movie.  I really didn't expect much at all, but it kept me laughing enough that eventually I was pleasantly surprised..

B

This movie reminds me alot of blade of glory in its style and I enjoyed it about as much. Carell,Arkin,Buscemi and yes Wilde were all pretty good. The scene stealer is Carey which he does in every scene. I wish this movie wasn't a flop cause it was an enjoyable comedy I would watch again.

4/5

• Like 1

I dont think Burt Wonderstone is that bad of a movie, there were some laughs here and there, but its just kinda lame and not terribly well written. As Phil said its a decent way to kill time but I'm glad I didn't pay money to see this.  

2,5/5

Edited by Jack Nevada

Well, my expectations were pretty low for this. I was surprised to see it had some decent comedy, thing that you rarely find nowadays in movies with older comedy actors ... There were a few good laughs, although it feels like the first half of the script was written properly, then the second half was written just for finishing it...7.5/10

This was pretty bad, IMO.The few laughs to be had here don't make up for a story that is so damn boring and contrived. Carrell seems ill-suited to pull off a role like this. In fact, I felt like the character would have worked if written for Will Ferrell. As such, there's not really much to recommend here....just comes across as another boring, unfunny, and lazy Hollywood comedy.C-/D+

Edited by mattmav45