The Host (2013)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it.

How could you take so long to put up the review thread for this film adaptation of the latest grand opus from the mind of Stephenie Meyer?I had a mental coin toss between this and GIJoe2. The Host won. I hated the first Twilight film and have yet to see any of the others. I didn't really know much about this other then being slightly intrigued by the trailer. I therefore went in with low expectations and my expectations were pretty much met. The premise is pretty much a reinterpretation of Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Meyer's traditional love triangle thrown in for good measure. I burst out laughing when the actual love triangle was revealed. As Wanderer has almost taken over Melanie's body large chunks of the dialogue involve Wanderer talking to an ethereal Melanie's voice. Although you get used to it it never quiet works. Ronan does her best with her role. The two lover interests are mediocre and William Hurt is a gruff yet intelligent frontiersman. Twilight fans will probably enjoy this but anyone else should avoid it.

funny i loveeee twilight and so far watching this i'm thinking mehhh at best , the voice over is annoying ...i'm watching but not impressed or going awww over love story ...

so there goes a myth that because you like twilight you'll like this (granted i have not read the book either , does that make me a bad fan ? hmmm ...)

the first time i heard the concept of this story it did not appeal to me  and so far movie only confirming that feeling ...

i'll edit when i'm done ,still have an hour to go

lolllll this movie is too funny , i just can't connect maybe i do need to read the book after all, i don't like having a opinion without all the information available

its pretty unconventional

ok and its done  after a good few chuckles , i might give the novel a read but yeah still keeping it as a C 

Edited by ladyevenstar22