10 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Terrific fun. Michael Shannon goes so far over the top and it's a delight to watch.

Ok, I got alittle annoyed with him, as sometimes he was so stupid, but I will go with you. For example, he could have save himself from the first meeting, either by saying I am a cop, taking the envelope...or just arrestin gthe car, and locking in him his car, where he could take the envelope.That said, I hated the stupid point of the movie - no brakes, no stopping, just drive through NYC mid-town traffic.

I think it's a pretty dumb movie but it uses its silliness to its advantage, which is surprisingly rare these days. It's basically a cartoon so the bike chases through NYC are pretty delightful. The exposition is pretty lame (though I do like that Shannon's reason to get the letter is dumb) but I had more fun with it than most movies this summer.

it was ok if you don't think too much, on the plus side you get to see a lot of new-york which was really cool, is central park that big? otherwise on the negative,couldnt he take the subway? surely the subway is faster than a bike ride?

sometimes actors shine with a good role, and other time you're scratching your head wondering why they picked that role that does nothing for them , and the girls both the gf and the asian chick were so bad ughhh

I liked JGL and the action sequences a lot, but found this to be one of the most distractingly bad supporting casts I've seen recently.  Like Razzie for ensemble cast bad.  Kept pulling me out of what was otherwise a pretty entertaining film.  I'm sure Michael Shannon was intentionally going over the top, since he's usually really solid, but he came off feeling way too Joe Piscopo for my tastes.

B-

I like how they make being a bike messenger such a big deal... The movie had a cliche idea behind it, and Monday's reason is way too stupid. I also didn't like how they chose to end it with Monday: "Oh yeah, then he takes the ticket and delivers it to Sister Chen... Yeah, yeah write that down." 

"How about Monday?""Let the fat guy kill him."

I was pretty amused at Monday's reaction in the police section when he was looking for Joe: "Where is he?" *Jumps with bike over him* "God damn it."P.S The footage of Joe after he crashed into that cab was hilarious. The guy filming was like "Let's get you to the hospital" but all Joe said was "That was fucking awesome." LOL. Great guy.