mattmav45

Pick My Next TV Show

Here's the situation:

I just finished up Arrested Development, and am now just waiting for the next season on May 26th.

I'm going to leave it open to the board to pick my next show.

It needs to be a show that can be streamed on Netflix, and preferably one that has already concluded.

I was kind of leaning towards the likes of 30 Rock or Trailer Park Boys, but I'm open for anything.

Tell me every show you've ever seen and I can direct you to something you haven't.

I'm just now getting into shows, so I have a pitiful list of what I've seen thus far.

Wonder Years

Twin Peaks

Arrested Development

And that's about it.  I'm really down for any kind of show in terms of genre, although I'd prefer a 30-min show for now.  Want to save the hour-long shows for when my fiancee finishes up nursing school and moves in with me.

I'm just now getting into shows, so I have a pitiful list of what I've seen thus far.

Wonder Years

Twin Peaks

Arrested Development

And that's about it.  I'm really down for any kind of show in terms of genre, although I'd prefer a 30-min show for now.  Want to save the hour-long shows for when my fiancee finishes up nursing school and moves in with me.

Try Louie. 30 minutes and unique and awesome.

• Like 1

As you mentioned 30 Rock > Rules of Engagement if you want a lighter comedy staring Patrick Warburton, who was Puddy from Seinfeld.

Here is one episode to watch on Netflix to decide if you are interested.... as this is one show in the middle when the show has developed.

Rules of Engagement:

Season 4, Episode 2

Snoozin' for a Bruising

TV Episode  -  30 min  -  Comedy | Romance
Edited by Truman Burbank

• Community Manager

As you mentioned 30 Rock > Rules of Engagement if you want a lighter comedy staring Patrick Warburton, who was Puddy from Seinfeld.

Rules of Engagement? Eh, I've been watching it on Netflix and it's basically what I watch when I want to turn my brain off. It's not that good and I would never recommend.

If you liked the Wonder Years, I hear Freaks and Geeks is pretty amazing. From the shows I've watched:

Cheers

The Office

30 Rock

Futurama

Archer

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

That 70's Show

Malcolm in the Middle (also good if you liked the Wonder Years)

Raising Hope

are all amongst the shows i would recommend.

Rules of Engagement? Eh, I've been watching it on Netflix and it's basically what I watch when I want to turn my brain off. It's not that good and I would never recommend.

If you liked the Wonder Years, I hear Freaks and Geeks is pretty amazing. From the shows I've watched:

Cheers

The Office

30 Rock

Futurama

Archer

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

That 70's Show

Malcolm in the Middle (also good if you liked the Wonder Years)

Raising Hope

are all amongst the shows i would recommend.

Well, you are still watching it, so is it really bad, as I would never watch something that I hated?

Which is why I gave him an episode to look at. As I said it was a lighter comedy series.

And with only 87 episodes on Netflix, it is a pretty short series to watch.

As with everything, some like, some don't like....and some Love Rules like a Cult Classic.

Edited by Truman Burbank

• Community Manager

Well, you are still watching it, so is it really bad, as I would never watch something that I hated?

I never said it was bad or that I hated it. It's dumb fun.

Also Others Not Mentioned...And if Rules is Too Low-Brow, I can give some Higher Quality Suggestions

Frasier

How I met Your Mother

Buffy

Angel

Family Guy

Scrubs

Faulty Towers

The Office - Both US and UK Versions

Walking Dead

Star Trek - TNG

Entourage

Sherlock

Firefly

BattleStar Galactia

Breaking Bad

West Wing

Friday Night Lights

Lost

Edited by Truman Burbank

• Community Manager

Parks and Rec or the earlier seasons of 30 Rock.

A word of caution on Parks and Rec. The first season is atrocious but it dramatically improves as soon as season two starts. Goes fron being a D-series to an A-series and is currently the best comedy on the air right now (although New Girl is giving it a run of it's money).

• Like 2

As you mentioned 30 Rock > Rules of Engagement if you want a lighter comedy staring Patrick Warburton, who was Puddy from Seinfeld. Here is one episode to watch on Netflix to decide if you are interested.... as this is one show in the middle when the show has developed. Rules of Engagement:Season 4, Episode 2 Snoozin' for a BruisingTV Episode  -  30 min  -  Comedy | Romance7.7

Rules of Engagement? Eh, I've been watching it on Netflix and it's basically what I watch when I want to turn my brain off. It's not that good and I would never recommend. If you liked the Wonder Years, I hear Freaks and Geeks is pretty amazing. From the shows I've watched: CheersThe Office30 RockFuturamaArcherIt's Always Sunny in PhiladelphiaThat 70's ShowMalcolm in the Middle (also good if you liked the Wonder Years)Raising Hope are all amongst the shows i would recommend.

Rules is a harmless comedy. I binged it about a month ago (didn't take long at all) and really liked it. It's not as bad as I'd heard.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys.

At this point I've narrowed it down to Louie or 30 Rock.  Does anyone have preferences between these?

As for Parks and Recreation, it's been on my list for a long time.  However, it's one that we're both wanting to watch together.  Ron Swanson is a character I want to get to know ASAP, seems epic from what I've heard.

• Like 2