Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

I said "at least" guys  :P Be easier on me  :D

still on track for 1.2 billion actually ^

Can't see it falling past 800 million overseas as it appears ST 2 will not be a big threat overseas apart in the UK and such... Pretty open till Fast Six/Hangover 3 combo 

Trek's Aus OD number doesn't look good, but I really hope it can pick up over the weekend. Low numbers in Asian territories would not surprised me. Latin America is the wildcard now.

That early OS, rolled out schedules really works for Marvel, huh? I wonder if it will work for TASM2 as well next year, it looks like that movie will follow Marvel/Dis' strategy to a T

Should be a 650 million overseas Sunday and Fast Six does not hit for 2 more weeks. 

Meaning GG and ST 2 will make money but not in the Developing markets. 

I have a feeling as  ASM 1 made close to 500 million overseas which is a great result as it faced TDKR in many markets killing it.

If they increase the scale and the fact there is like not much opening in May 2014, it will likely increase 10-20% to 600 million and around 300 million domestic. 

People think ASM2 will collapse from ASM1 but its the film that kick starts the summer still. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I can't believe I joined the 200 million TDKR club...

I had 180 million but I believe in the hype. 

I had 185m for the longest time until about a couple weeks before release then I hopped on the loonie wagon with everyone else. WB's marketing for it was really well done IMO, glad to see they are keeping it up with Man of Steel. It's essentially wiped Superman Returns from our memory banks. Hard thing to do.

Problem was in SR superman looked campy and corny and I remember many also said he did not look masculine.

This time its not a problem. 

The new costume is beautiful. Glad that they learn to let go of that dreadful underwear  :lol:  :P

People think ASM2 will collapse from ASM1 but its the film that kick starts the summer still. 

I don't see how ASM2 falls from the first one. It may not have been as good as the original Spidey movies, but it certainly wasn't bad.

The primo release date for ASM2 combined with the fact that it's an ultra-well-known character all but assures it'll make a ton of money.

I don't see how ASM2 falls from the first one. It may not have been as good as the original Spidey movies, but it certainly wasn't bad.

The primo release date for ASM2 combined with the fact that it's an ultra-well-known character all but assures it'll make a ton of money.

Its OS will increase for sure. Domestic I'm not sure, but it should increase, any big competitions in May on US soil?

Noting for really big till Memorial day 

There is Godzilla in weekend 3 but really that is why I am so bullish on ASM2..

It is literally the biggest film of May by a landslide. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Its OS will increase for sure. Domestic I'm not sure, but it should increase, any big competitions in May on US soil?

Godzilla opens 2 weeks later, but just like STID opened 2 weeks after IM3, ASM2 has the opening 2 weeks of the summer season all to itself.

It also Likely opens a week early as well overseas to take advantage of May day weekend.

Looking at the schedule ASM2 and CA 2 should do quite well. 

I really really hope Cap 2 can have a good increase OS  :) I think domestically, it will do well, anything over 200M is more than enough for me.

I really really hope Cap 2 can have a good increase OS  :) I think domestically, it will do well, anything over 200M is more than enough for me.

Actually CA2 looks to have more characters from TA on board so it seems to have a more of a TA-lite feel to it. That may help since of the three Phase 1 films that have sequels, it was the weakest DOM and OS.
  • Like 1

Actually CA2 looks to have more characters from TA on board so it seems to have a more of a TA-lite feel to it. That may help since of the three Phase 1 films that have sequels, it was the weakest DOM and OS.

As long as it's over 200M Dom, I'm happy  :wub: