Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

A small, teeny weeny part of me wants Gatsby to beat IM3 just so I can see the meltdowns. :P

That would be awesome in two ways. 1 I would be thoroughly entertained to watch the mayhem and chaos and 2 that would allow my 360m predict to have a chance at happening for the BSG. Win-win situation, let's do it Gatsby!

Assuming 7.6m, IM3 held 17.6% of its Sunday business on Thursday. Here's other comparable films:

IM1: 20.4% (48% drop)

IM2: 20.3% (59% drop)

TA: 21.7% (50% drop)

Thor: 23.6% (47% drop)

SM3: 14.7% (62% drop)

Hard to get a complete grasp on where its heading. IM2 held just as well as IM1 during the week but IM1 enjoyed a much higher Friday increase to help it achieve a much better 2nd weekend drop.

The only way Gatsby has a chance is an over 70% drop for IM3 and even then IM3 can still pull it through.

I'm pretty certain as of this moment 45m is locked for TGG at the bare minimum. How much higher it goes I really don't have a clue, but with this much buzz among the tech savvy younger crowd it could possibly explode to levels we never expected. Personally though I expect about 50m for it, but this movie is hard to gauge.

Thurs drops and Fri jumps for Summer startersIM -7.3% +179%SM3 -12% +190%X2 -6% +169%SM -10% +166%TA -9% +136%IM3 -6.8% +150%??

Think so.Fri: 19MSat: 30MSun: 20M Edited by Fake

I honestly can't tell whether or not it'll get to 400m.

IMO Friday number would be a very good measure. >20m..... almost locked19-20m.... on track18-19m... still decent chance<18m..... panic mode
  • Like 1

Holy shit, just got done watching Great Gatsby. What the fuck did I just watch? Too. Much. Green. Screen.

I never understood from the very beginning why this was going to be in 3D. I still don't get it. I guess Baz wanted it to be a real spectacle. I'm gonna pass until DVD.