theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

It did not meet most peoples expectations. I disliked it....revolutions was God awful. 

The matrix sequels was a victim of its predecessors success. 

Exactly and part 3 was released way too quickly.

I didn't like the villain and how trailers had cheated me. It's really disappointing for STID. I'm not sure, but it might not be even in the top 10 of the year which is SHOCKING.

I understand why some people are disappointed with the twist. It was bait and switch but to me it worked in the context of the movie. 

Very smart move. And they did that in a VERY SHORT time. On the other hand WONDER WOMAN and many other (amazing) DC charactgers are still in the Room of Requirement. lol

Hopefully MOS is the start for DC universe.  :D

Well Lost World lost a lot compared to the first.

And for some reason I still remember when there was a trailer for this film called "The Relic" when it began people thought it was TLW. I hear people going "Jurassic Park 2!"

I was thinking then "It is not going to be rated R and made by another studio"

With the villain argument...

Khan is a gentically engineered human, meaning he looks normal, but is super strong

seen that a million times so he's really nothing special. And thats likely one reason this movie is failing

Tracking signals were present and pointing to an underperforming weekend for STID. There was the variety story which said 90M 4 day opening since "First choice" numbers were below 10. And the BTC tracking numbers were stuck at 75M opening for the first 3 weeks before they predicted a 85M 4 day last week. 

I guess everyone here (me included) really wanted this movie to work and hence we predicted 110M+ 4 day (almost everyone predicted this in BSG)

No doubt about BTC any more. People thought that BTC STID prediction was a joke ....

With the villain argument...

Khan is a gentically engineered human, meaning he looks normal, but is super strong

seen that a million times so he's really nothing special. And thats likely one reason this movie is failing

The execution was done well. He was scary.