theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

This reminds me of EXP 2.I still don't see a good reason this is happening.

I don't quite get it either.

1. The previous movie was well-liked.

2. The marketing has been very good.

3. And STID has been getting good reviews.*

Those three things should be enough to put up bigger numbers than what we're seeing. I have lots of problems with the movie, but those shouldn't affect the OW numbers.

* - I have a theory on why such a flawed movie is getting good reviews-

conspiracy theory kitik says: reviewers and movie insiders are trying to stay on JJ's good side ahead of Episode VII. They don't want to be locked out of scoops and exclusive interviews.

It's fun to have conspiracy theories.

Perhaps the most underrated was Ewan McGregor...and most deserving of a leading man career

LOL He and Colin Farrell were in Woody Allen's Cassandra's Dream.

Those three things should be enough to put up bigger numbers than what we're seeing. I have lots of problems with the movie, but those shouldn't affect the OW numbers.

conspiracy theory kitik says: reviewers and movie insiders are trying to stay on JJ's good side ahead of Episode VII. They don't want to be locked out of scoops and exclusive interviews.

lol

That's too much.

Just hope STID has enough about it to get at least close to 225m-250m and some decent OS BO to greenlight the sequel.

Is 250M even in play at this point?  Considering the competition next weekend will target all of STiD's audience, I think a 3x multiplier will be tough.

I think it's just goodwill from the first film being carried over.

• Like 1

Is 250M even in play at this point?  Considering the competition next weekend will target all of STiD's audience, I think a 3x multiplier will be tough.

Next week will be brutal for all the holdovers. You have Hangover targeting teens/young adults, Epic targeting kids and family, and F6 targeting most everyone. The only thing that might not suffer too bad is TGG because that's still the only movie mainly targeting women.