theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

lol..sry bro, that movie is going to do gangbusters. Saw an early screening of it yesterday. It has some incredible action.

That's all it needs. The target audience doesn't care about story. The want a 2 hr adrenaline shot.

• Like 2

With Abrams leaving, if STID really underperforms at the BO the series might be dead again before it really got started. :unsure:  I don't think 200m by any means guarantees a ST3.

Star Trek Nemesis made about 5 cents and they still made more Star Trek movies. Whatever number this gets to will be enough for another movie.

• Like 6

I don't think he's much of an actor but he just works for me in the Fast series.

Easily the worst death scene in Saving Private Ryan.

Easily the worst death scene in Saving Private Ryan.

I haven't seen that movie in ages. I don't even remember his death scene. The only death scene I remember is Captain Miller's.

Star Trek Nemesis made about 5 cents and they still made more Star Trek movies. Whatever number this gets to will be enough for another movie.

Uh, that's the movie that killed the franchise so it had to be rebooted. ;) STID had a $200m budget, not including marketing. If it just barely passes 200 DOM, Paramount is likely looking at a loss or not much of a profit. This isn't an OS series to save it. If it's not profitable and Abrams doesn't want to make another one, Paramount could easily send the series into darkness. At least for another decade or so until a new reboot comes along.

Uh, that's the movie that killed the franchise so it had to be rebooted. ;) STID had a $200m budget, not including marketing. If it just barely passes 200 DOM, Paramount is likely looking at a loss or not much of a profit. This isn't an OS series to save it. If it's not profitable and Abrams doesn't want to make another one, Paramount could easily send the series into darkness. At least for another decade or so until a new reboot comes along.

I smell a CW TV series

• Like 1

Nemesis made $67 M worldwide on a $60M budget. If you think they're going to stop not that they have a movie that will make $400-500M ww (??? I really don't know, what are the ww projections?), well, you must know about a whole bunch of other huge franchises for Paramount that the rest of us don't know about.

They may want to be a bit tighter with the budget for STXIII though. Maybe cut it back to $140-150M.

Nemesis made $67 M worldwide on a $60M budget. If you think they're going to stop not that they have a movie that will make $400-500M ww (??? I really don't know, what are the ww projections?), well, you must know about a whole bunch of other huge franchises for Paramount that the rest of us don't know about.

They may want to be a bit tighter with the budget for STXIII though. Maybe cut it back to $140-150M.

STID had problems getting going and ST09 was a huge success. What makes you think a sequel to STID might not have problems ever happening if STID takes a loss for Paramount? It won't be a priority series for them anymore, and if there's any development problems, they'll more than likely just throw in the towel on it.

Edited by MovieMan89