theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

People will be disapointed about any films number. Later this year: OMG Catching Fire only made 395M! (No I'm not predicting that-I don't know what it will do at the moment, but yeah someone will say something dumb like that)

• Like 1

People will be disapointed about any films number. Later this year: OMG Catching Fire only made 395M! (No I'm not predicting that-I don't know what it will do at the moment, but yeah someone will say something dumb like that)

CF made $407M!? Are you friggin' kidding me! A decrease!? What is wrong with this world! All of you are stupid!

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

CF made $407M!? Are you friggin' kidding me! A decrease! What is wrong with this world! All of you are stupid!

:lol:You know-too bad we can't see what people might of said when Potter 2 decreased from the first.

• Like 1

KFP2 is the weirdest movie ever in terms of box office. The first was a really well received movie that some of my friends quote to this day, it received good reviews (on par with KFP1), the word of mouth was good (anectodal evidence, but everyone I know who saw it liked it) and it was released on a good date, and despite all of this going for it - it underperformed completely. This is something most BO analysts are still trying to make sense of even 2 years after the fact.

I was like 17, but me and a group of friends all went, and I loved it, more than the first. I'm still baffled by the decrease too. I think there were $400M predicts for that also.

It's just funny how each new number seems at the opposite end of the estimates this weekend.

They have to wait on the West Coast money. They are projecting based on the east coast matinee trends then they look at the evening shows. Any later increase or decrease from estimates come from the final tally from West Coast shows. It's only 8pm and they have shows up until 1am + still left to go.

They have to wait on the West Coast money. They are projecting based on the east coast matinee trends then they look at the evening shows. Any later increase or decrease from estimates come from the final tally from West Coast shows. It's only 8pm and they have shows up until 1am + still left to go.

True-other wise any film that is a western will be listed as bombing :P and I'm sure Tyler Perry does not do well there either.

lolwut?

I mean if they just wanted east coast numbers films that are westerns wouldn't be listed as doing well. (If noboy told me the weekend estimate for Rango, I would of thought it was at least 60 million, the theater was PACKED when I saw it on it's first Sunday)

The West Coast has disappointed quite a lot of times recently  :lol: