Alpha

CAYOM Year 7: Oscar Tiebreakers!

How are the picks counted? Here, Alpha stated that Portman had only 1 vote, but I'm pretty certain she was picked 3 times as Best Supporting Actress: Riczhang, Spaghetti and Hiccup picked her.

Also, Heavy rain had one Best Ensemble pick, which I don't see being put there.

Edited by ChD

How are the picks counted? Here, Alpha stated that Portman had only 1 vote, but I'm pretty certain she was picked 3 times as Best Supporting Actress: Riczhang, Spaghetti and Hiccup picked her.

You are correct. Portman was picked 3 times. She needs to go into the tiebreaker. Inserting her now into my rankings.

I think what happened was I was sorting through the list and I had deleted Portman's name accidentally.

But even then, she has only 3 votes. She needed a minimum of 4 to make it into the tiebreaker, meaning she missed it. So you can remove her from your lists.

I counted the picks by going through one category (i.e. Best Picture) and seeing how many people voted for that film. As most people do.

Best Original Song

"Rock of Hollywood's Foundation" performed by Chuck Norris & Liam Neeson (ft. Dwanye Johnson, Joaquin Pheonix & Michael Bay), Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass - 6

Sorry, but I need to point this out: this is a villain song sung by Dwayne Johnson. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson come at the very end. It should be performed by Dwayne Johnson (ft. Chuck Norris, Liam Neeson, Joaquin Phoenix, and Michael Bay.) I know this is nitpicking but it bothered me. :P

• Like 1

Sorry, but I need to point this out: this is a villain song sung by Dwayne Johnson. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson come at the very end. It should be performed by Dwayne Johnson (ft. Chuck Norris, Liam Neeson, Joaquin Phoenix, and Michael Bay.) I know this is nitpicking but it bothered me. :P

Must've forgot that part in the movie, Lol. Does it matter so much to your heart that Dwanye Johnson be the main singer of this song?

So tomorrow I have to wake up at 6 am, and I have only 10 minutes to get on the computer before it's time to go. I'm currently debating whether I should wait for riczhang's ballot, or I should just move on and post the nominees now. The best I can do is wait for riczhang, and then finish the nominees list as fast as possible tomorrow morning. But it's going to be rough.

Why the rush for tomorrow morning? It could be later in the day. Your own post (the first post) says this thread would probably be open until Monday night.

Edited by 4815162342