#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

They need to get on the ball with Pac Rim marketing. Not many people know of its existence, lol.

This is at the top of my most anticipated list and yeah I'm starting to get really concerned about the marketing. I think only fanboys know its coming out right now. However there is still over six weeks to go so there's time I hope.

Okay now-using Memorial day weekend legs for what its gross could be.

X3 legs: 224.6M

Pirates 3 legs**: 266M

Indy 4 legs*: 315.2M

*=film opened on a Thursday

**=Opened on a Friday, but had Thursday sneaks.

Kind of hard to compare it. :P

So I will just say X3 legs WCS, Indy 4 legs BCS

I disliked Hangover 3 more than most it seems,  And while it's fun to make fun of it, keep in mind, this is a series that is basically playing with house money.  The first two films cost 115 million dollars and grossed more than a billion dollars.  They sold very ell on HV, especially the first.  This series was a surpirse hit that the makers might have known would be huge, but not the rest of us. 

Now this abomination of a third comes out and the budget is 100 mill.  With a 42 mill weekend and a B cinemascore, it will probably squeak by 100 mill but internationally it is looking to be quite big again.  So it this makes 300-350 WW, that more than covers the budget and marketing.  The itnernational gross will prevent this from being a failure.  So as much as it is a disaster it looks to be, it will more than make its money back and really, as I said, at this point, they made so much money off the first two that this is just kind of gravy.

• Like 2

I think the public feels that it's worse. Reactions seem more muted and there's the B Cinemascore vs. Part II's A-.

And that may very well be the case buuut, people have to see it before they make that judgment. In my opinion, H3's opening was due to H2's legacy (just as H2's Opening was because H1's legacy).

From this point onwards H3's legs are all of its own doing though.

can Universal throw in 1.5 million. Buy tickets or some hit.

Just watch on Tuesday actuals come in, you notice that Fast 6's Monday takes a hit but Sunday gains.

• Like 3

While the "wise ones" at Paramount:Let's get rid of DWA and Marvel.Last year-if not for Madagascar 3 Paramount would of been in big trouble.

Their gonna make 90M from IM3 without raising a finger. It'll be the most profitable movie of the year for them :lol: except for maybe anchorman 2WWZ will be ok I believe but how much did Paramount put into production?

Their gonna make 90M from IM3 without raising a finger. It'll be the most profitable movie of the year for them :lol: except for maybe anchorman 2WWZ will be ok I believe but how much did Paramount put into production?

According to people, around 2B or so  :ph34r: Now seriously... 400M :lol:

I dont get the PR Thing :ph34r:

Long story from back in the Mojo days.

Take a look at this:

* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm

• Like 2