The Second CAYOM Film Festival (Year 8)

I'm not sure Chuck and Liam will be done by the festival, but if it's not, I'll submit Green Lantern which has been done since Year 4 and just needs some repurposing for the timeline of DCU. :)

I don't think Blood Currency will be ready by the end of Sunday but I will have something submitted in-competition by that point. Unlike almost all of you I don't get these next couple months off so I'm doing CAYOM stuff in spare time.

Since it's a Tarantino film I like to make sure it's appropriately dialoguey and making that work takes a bit extra effort.

Not gonna submit anything this year... It seems that I have a serious problem in imagining people's reaction to some news... That's gonna be a hard one.

Numbers, there's actually some talks to delay the deadline, so don't worry about not submitting CAYOM stuff this weekend.

Well let us know soon-ish since I won't have much time on Sunday.

Also the deadline shouldn't be delayed too long since we want to keep moving forward at a steady pace.

?

I don't know how to make him react to the news that he's got cancer. I'm like staring at my screen and I'm thinking and I'm like "Maybe that...". Write the first two words... "nah, doesn't work"

I don't know how to make him react to the news that he's got cancer. I'm like staring at my screen and I'm thinking and I'm like "Maybe that...". Write the first two words... "nah, doesn't work"

Denial? Anger? Deflection with humor? Sad Acceptance? There's no set way to react to news like that, it's all about the individual's own personal response.

I think you're overthinking it.

• Like 3

As a reminder, the festival is this Thursday, so if you are to send in any of your films for this year, now would be a good time (due date is Wednesday night).I may only send in one film this year. I have the script for The Giver planned out, getting it all typed out in less than two days will be hell.

Me, Spaghetti and Blank have discussed it, and the start date has been postponed until June 9 or 10. That way you guys get a bit more time to finish up your films.

Nope, the deadline is June 9th as you posted on the 31st. No take-backs.

Edited by 4815162342

Does somebody other than Blank, Alpha, and Numbers (whom I already owe a pre-read) want a look at Cinema Studies? I'd like someone to check it out prior to the festival.

Edited by Spaghetti

Gonna submit Midnight in the Afghan Valley into the festival. I hope it isn't hated because of the short plot length (1,250 words long)

We've already gotten two short plots, no worries. Were all preparing for the storm of the century compared to these tropical depressions were getting.