The Second CAYOM Film Festival (Year 8)

It is time for the Second CAYOM Film Festival. First, the Rules: 

Three CAYOM players form the jury, and their job is to read and review all submissions to the festival. Because they were part of the jury last year, richzang, Alfred, and myself cannot be part of the jury this year. Jury members cannot grade/review their own films. 

While the aggregate jury grades can show their own ranking of films, the actual winner of the festival is not chosen by the jury. Instead the jury will select someone outside of CAYOM to declare the winner, based on the top 3 films ranked by the jury's aggregate grades. The identity of this player should remain a secret until shortly before the winner is announced. If the jury wishes to hand out additional prizes for directing, acting, etc, it is up to them.

Each CAYOM player can submit two films to the festival, though only one can be "in-competition." If they only submit one film, that film is automatically "in-competition" UNLESS they are a jury member. For jury members film submissions are presumed to be out of competition unless explicitly said otherwise. Like the other players, they can only have one film "in-competition" and they can't grade/review their own work.

So first, we need to establish the jury. Once we do that, then we can work on what films will be submitted.

I have no time write films until summer break (which is only in two weeks) so I volunteer to be on the jury. Not planning on submitting anything in or out of competition, unless I suddenly get a Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson groove on. :P

• Like 1

I have no time write films until summer break (which is only in two weeks) so I volunteer to be on the jury. Not planning on submitting anything in or out of competition, unless I suddenly get a Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson groove on. :P

The only films I really care about now are my OCs. I have 4 this year, and I'll try my best to finish one before the festival.

Ok, so our jury will be:

Spaghetti

Alpha

Blankments

It's up to you three to agree on who you want to invite as the surprise guest judge.

Now that that is out of the way we can worry about who will be submitting films, in what category they will be submitted, and when they need to be submitted by.

Ok, so our jury will be:

Spaghetti

Alpha

Blankments

It's up to you three to agree on who you want to invite as the surprise guest judge.

Now that that is out of the way we can worry about who will be submitting films, in what category they will be submitted, and when they need to be submitted by.

Well that was quick :P

And The Home Of The Brave will premiere in competition.

There's only one film I could see premiering at the festival, and it's The Giver. It has that "festival" vibe to it, something arthouse audiences would flock to.

Did anyone read The Giver in school? I'm considering either David Lynch or Spike Jonze should make it.

I can't send PMs to Blankments. :huh::wacko:

Anyways, I'm only submitting one film for the festival this year: My High school film dramedy Cinema Studies, directed by Cameron Crowe.

Woops, sorry about that. Deleted seven messages, you should be able to now.

• Like 1

I can't send PMs to Blankments. :huh::wacko:

Anyways, I'm only submitting one film for the festival this year: My High school film dramedy Cinema Studies, directed by Cameron Crowe.

Woops, sorry about that. Deleted seven messages, you should be able to now.

Should we all talk in one message?

I should finish up And The Home Of The Brave this week, the school year is beginning to wind down.

Lucky you... I still have nearly two months of school left. Having exam this Tuesday and next Tuesday.