Dementeleus

Now You See Me (2013)

Now You See Me (2013)  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Legally, not likely. 

Rhodes perspective was that he lost a father due to Thaddeus intervening. Justice here is not a "by the book" one. 

Of course....and it's a crazy thought....you could just go see the movie. You are much more supplied with information than most now. 

It became clear obviously that the Eye was Rhodes true allegiance.

Freeman exposed Ruffalo's dad, which prompted him to do that vault trick that killed him. Ruffalo was exacting vengeance on those responsible: Freeman for humiliating his dad, the bank and Caine for not paying out the life insurance, and the vault place that created the bad vault that killed his dad.EDIT: I missed the Wikipedia comment. But it is how it goes down more or less.The romance between Ruffalo and Laurent was totally unnecessary.

The more Shoshana the better
  • Like 1

Legally, not likely. 

Rhodes perspective was that he lost a father due to Thaddeus intervening. Justice here is not a "by the book" one. 

Of course....and it's a crazy thought....you could just go see the movie. You are much more supplied with information than most now. 

I will see it but based on what I am reading the ending is unsatisfactory. It also doesn't seem to sit right with me.  If the guy was a jerk then he should have been defeated in such a way where he is discredited or something but NOT have to spend the rest of his life in prison. 

Considering the reviews and my distaste for Jesse Eisenberg (mainly because he reminds me of Michael Cera), I wasn't expecting to enjoy it too much. But I really did. It won't make my top ten of the year list or anything, but it was very, very entertaining. Well acted, and cleverly written. The final twist surprised me, and I'm not usually that surprised. Great job revealing that.

B+

I'M TRACKING MYSELF!

Hahaha, I'd forgotten that one. Melanie Laurent did say something about the best magic tricks being in the works for twenty years like the one with the card in the tree. Someone as bigtime as Michael Caine's character would have better online banking security than the same forgot my password questions that regular schmoes get, and word to the wise, don't use real-life answers for security questions! But neither thing had an adverse effect on my enjoyment of the movie. It's pleasant enough if you don't think too deeply about the logic behind it all.

I will see it but based on what I am reading the ending is unsatisfactory. It also doesn't seem to sit right with me.  If the guy was a jerk then he should have been defeated in such a way where he is discredited or something but NOT have to spend the rest of his life in prison. 

The film works similar to Usual Suspects.

Kaiser Soyze gets away, likewise Rhodes and Co. do as well regardless of what "by the book" justice says. 

• Like 1

Thought it was pretty good. Ruffalo is always a pleasure to watch and seeing him headline a movie like this was enjoyable. Eisenberg and Harrelson were great, but this was the best Morgan Freeman has been in awhile; he stole the show. Final note on the acting is that I'm fairly certain I'm going to hate Dave Franco for quite a bit, easily the weak spot in the cast. Script was fine, with excitement and action balanced well with humor. Only issue I had was with the camerawork; I found myself getting dizzy and the action was sometimes hard to follow thanks to it. I give it an B

Very annoyed by the Box Office thread. Spoiled the whole movie for me without even looking at spoiler tags. Added some suspense, but seriously? <_< Twist was fine but I would've liked more development afterwards.

Edited by Blankments

Good summer movie. It was like Robin Hood but you didn't know who Robin Hood was and the Four Horseman were his men doing all the work. It wasn't The Prestige obviously but it was very entertaining in its own way. More light hearted and fun, with some misdirection but pretty straightforward story. B+

Enjoyed the movie and was on the edge of my seat throughout. After Freeman kept filming when his phone was taken I found him kind of a dirt bag. The escape artist girl could only do her piranha tank trick once thanks to camera phones and youtube but it was creative. The police romance seemed completely forced and nonsensical, but Laurent is nice to look at. The silly carousel thing was baffling but overall I enjoyed the experience.

Saw it again today and picked up a lot more than the first time.  I'm not sure if I just wasn't paying attention the first time but they really do explain all the things I didn't get.

However, getting Caine's passwords for his bank is still pretty much impossible.  But I guess that's just the suspension of disbelief.  I'll raise my grade from a 7.5 to an 8, which makes it an A.

• Like 1

Saw it again today and picked up a lot more than the first time.  I'm not sure if I just wasn't paying attention the first time but they really do explain all the things I didn't get.

However, getting Caine's passwords for his bank is still pretty much impossible.  But I guess that's just the suspension of disbelief.  I'll raise my grade from a 7.5 to an 8, which makes it an A.

They got all the answers for his security questions with the mentalist bit on the plane. After that all they had to do was click a "forgot my password" link from his bank's website and set up a new password of their choosing. Of course, that presumes that they got into his email account to have the new temp. password/link sent to them, but that probably wasn't hard. The real suspension of disbelief part comes in where in real life, the bank would probably put a flag/hold on an account where the password was changed and the account drained of that much money in such a short amount of time. It would be unusual/suspicious activity to say the least. Maybe they pretended to be his financial advisor and told the bank not to worry, the spending was personally approved. Oh, well, it's best not to overthink a movie like this.

They got all the answers for his security questions with the mentalist bit on the plane. After that all they had to do was click a "forgot my password" link from his bank's website and set up a new password of their choosing. Of course, that presumes that they got into his email account to have the new temp. password/link sent to them, but that probably wasn't hard. The real suspension of disbelief part comes in where in real life, the bank would probably put a flag/hold on an account where the password was changed and the account drained of that much money in such a short amount of time. It would be unusual/suspicious activity to say the least. Maybe they pretended to be his financial advisor and told the bank not to worry, the spending was personally approved. Oh, well, it's best not to overthink a movie like this.

I get HOW THEY GOT it, but I question the simplicity involved in stealing 140 million dollars.