Now You See Me (2013)  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I enjoyed this movie until the end where Mark Ruffalo's characters frames a man for a crime he didn't do and leaves him to rot in prison. It totally rubbed me the wrong way and I was unable to have any sympathy towards Ruffalo's character

Don't think the guy will remain in prison in the sequel :P

I can see why this played well with audiences ... it's fun, has many twists and turns ... only issue is the ending while a nice reveal, doesn't quite live up to the rest of the film and the way it was building ...

However, it was a nice treat to watch on Blu Ray ... B+

• Like 1

It's completely and utterly ridiculous, and has all the depth of a hole dug into concrete with a plastic fork.  It also moves in such a fashion that it makes you think everyone involved was taking coke bumps every half hour, more back-story into both the characters and story itself is need here.

That being said, I'll be damned if I wasn't entertained and found it to be a fun watch.

C+

give this an A- 

i enjoyed it , so did not see the twist at the end coming , but now i know he really let everyone think he was a fool and unwiling detective on the case who gets played time and time by the horsemen 

i was pleasantly surprise the guy didnt die in the car, i did wonder at the logic of him staying in the police car he stole , when he had at least 2/3 chances to get out of it and abandon the car as mark ruffalo's character and french girl got blocked by a truck ,and other vehicules  before even reaching the bridge but then i sorta explained it away by thinking he was trying to get to a rendez vous point 

i also wondered why they seemingly abandoned him to his destiny to distract the policemen while they escaped 

def will be rewatching this again , now that i know i need to watched it again see if there were clues 

as for the magic tricks , impressive even if a little exaggerated , i also like that it wasnt about the money but the true art of magic

i'm more of the crowd who believes there's an explanation behind the magic , to quote a saying magic is only science we can't explain or understand yet...

ah yes my friend googles says exact quote by clarke is "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

i also agree more info or myth-building on the eye would have been cool but if they can work it in a sequel why not ...

• Like 2

One nice thing about Freeman's role: It added to the unpredictability, because you just can't imagine Freeman as a (even kind of) villain after his streak of nice wise gentlemen roles. Really cool casting choice there!

imo most of those ppl who pity his character & defend him is b/c of the fact that Freeman's a likable actor

if someone like say Harvey Keitel(sp) played Thaddeus I really doubt he would have so many defenders 

Doesn't mean he deserves to spend the rest of his life in jail for a crime he didn't do

he deserved what he got

& Not only b/c of the Shrike factor but b/c he broke the magician code & put money before his craft

he was a lousy magician but a great businessman & the Eye didnt like it obv

+ the point wasnt for him to rot in jail forever b/c obv he can be set free with the help of any good lawer

it was a punishment for him to question himself forever trying to figure out who he wronged & who was Dylan

For a man do full of himself as Bradley even if he's out of jail there will be anough of a punishment is to be made fool of 

btw there was a nice alternative scene of the first Dylan/Alma encounter w/Bradley  from the extended cut where he turns water into a wine like substance with the help of some mechanism on his hand & Dylan sarcastically says smth like "Oh thats how God did this!"

enough of a hint abt Bradley thinking of himself as God & enough of a hint of Dylan's revenge/ his disgust abt Bradley's ways

Edited by Leyla

Hit up the RedBox. Nice, fluffy, harmless, but, ultimately, dull. Just bored me to death. I didn't care how it ended. Shame given I like most of the cast. Just seemed a very under-cooked movie. All of the characters bored me. Most of the stunts lacked quality imagination. And the twist a minute script lacked the punch or wit to keep me interested. Gave it a flat D. Now I saw it, moving on... Before Midnight's next.

It's a fun and entertaining movie if you don't think too hard about anything that's going on. But if you do you kind of start to realize some of the things that make the movie unrealistic. Also Morgan Freeman may have sort of been an asshole but he didn't deserve to go to prison XD