Funny and much better last 40 minutes

Good heart

Good message at the end

Good performances from supporting cast

Rose Byrne is ridiculously hot

Too much Vaughn fast talking

7/10

• Like 2

Really enjoyed it. Yeah, the beginning isn't that great because a little of Vaughn jibber-jabber goes a long way sometimes and the beginning is loaded with it. That said, it gets much better. And Jessica Szohr (Piranha 3D) looks really hot in this.

• Like 1

To be honest it had its moments but then I looked back and in my head I wondered is this really supposed to be funny,it seemed like they tried to make a funny movie but it just failed for that being said overall the film was dissapointing. My grade:D

It started out awful but by the time they go to Google it becomes much better and Rose Byrne :)3.5/5

It started out awful but by the time they go to Google it becomes much better and Rose Byrne :)3.5/5

That's exactly how I feel and exactly my score (3.5 is 7/10)

Once theyget to the strip joint, it's a pretty great movie.

A-

It kind of reminded me of Here Comes the Boom where I went in expecting a comedy and actually got a nice movie with a lot of heart and a few laughs along the way. I almost teared up during the scene of them looking at the Golden Gate Bridge after the club. I know there are a million movies about the group of losers who come together and exceeds expectations but Hollywood can make a million more and i'd love every one :cloud9: .

• Like 1

nice & funny movie B

but I had a hard time believing that those men didnt know who prof X is...

In my head americans read comic books since childhood so they must know who that is

again maybe I'm wrong :huh:

Edited by Leyla

Considering the really negative reviews, this is really not a bad movie. Sure its far from a riot but its not bad. It has some good cameos from Will Ferrell and John Goodmen. I feel the supporting cast (mainly Eric Andre, Aasif Mandvi, and Josh Brener) were given nothing to do and just wasted potential. The movie may be predictable, but it has some laughs and has a good message toward the end. It actually reminds me a little of the movie The Big Year, which was not a big laugh film but with a interesting story and decent acting is a amusing heart warming good time. My favorite person in this movie had to be Josh Gad. Everytime he was in the movie he made me laugh.

Grade: B-

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum

I'll do a proper review later, but for now:

Unfunny first 60 minutes

Funny and much better last 40 minutes

Good heart

Good message at the end

Good performances from supporting cast

Rose Byrne is ridiculously hot

Too much Vaughn fast talking

7/10

Saw it again.  It's too bad the first half is so bad because the second half is perhaps the best part of the summer imo.  There is a lot of heart and good comedy.  But because the first half weighs it down, I can't give it more than a 7.5

Not bad, not great, just kind of there. I laughed a few times but only because I do like Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson and their schtick. The advertising for Google was a bit much but all in all, it's a safe movie with some laughs and a good heart. It's no Wedding Crashers, not sharply written and a bit long at 2 hours, but I don't regret watching it.

***/*****, (B-, 6.2/10, 2.5/4)

*** BTW, this title is not in the master list of review links. ***