#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Doesn't that fall at the feet of Goyer and Nolan as well? They were the ones who concocted the story Snyder was working with.

Goyer wrote, Nolan approved.

Nolan was busy trying to solve how Batman gets back into Gotham in TDKR.  So I can see why he approved. It all makes sense now.

Yes.. Without a doubt.. MOS opened just fine and is a bonafide hit, even if it doesn't beat IM3 and it won't, it's still a Hit and this is coming from someone who layed into this movie pretty good prior to it's release.. :bouncy: 

Did a bodysnatcher get you, BKB?

• Like 1

BKB is the king troll of this forum. I have yet to see Kal and his infamous predictions and stuff but BKB cannot be replaced. Love him or hate him, he is a part of the family here.

In other breaking news, water is wet. Also, 2 + 2 = 4.

• Like 1

Can't believe a few sites are trying to play off a 113M opening and June record as disappointing just because they didn't like the movie. For example I saw a tweet saying MoS sold 14.5 million tickets in 3 days and Returns sold 12 in 5 days, not that much of a difference. WTF??? Selling 2.5 million more tickets in 2 fewer days is 'not much of a difference'????

MOS had a great OW. No-one expected the Walmart sales to come out of nowhere and confuse things but I think we all know that those 12m worth of tickets would have been sold over the weekend had this been released normally. The way I see it, it's basically a 125m OW which is higher than the average prediction on this site before all the negative reviews came flooding in, how is that a disappointment?
  • Like 2