#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

LOL I agree .But a lot of people like it here. And the general audience seemed to like enough to make the god-awful sequel ride to 400 millin. So, whatever.

Which is surprising because the first Transformers movie wasn't very good IMHO.

The problem with the Transformers series was never the mindless action. It was the stupid comedy, the overload on comic relief characters, and Shia LaBeouf.

And Megan Fox. She contributed nothing to the movie. 

• Like 3

Bayformers 1 was also complete and utter garbage. 

I think Bayformers 1 actually has a plot and character development, they're just rice paper thin.

So while I despise the Bayformer franchise overall I must acknowledge that small distinction because it makes the difference between a watchable guilty pleasure (TF1) and an unwatchable waste (TF sequels).

• Like 1

The problem with the Transformers series was never the mindless action. It was the stupid comedy, the overload on comic relief characters, and Shia LaBeouf.

Mmm Mindless action was a problem. I remewber watching Transformers 3 with my brother. There were like explosions all over the place for no reason. It made my head hurt.

Edited by ban1o

We should've known MOS was going to have a tiny drop on Sunday since it's the perfect Father's Day movie. Plus even Green Lantern dropped a small amount on Father's Day.

Most of us knew. A few of us here predicted a 5-10% sunday drop.

And Megan Fox. She contributed nothing to the movie. 

Which is why the third film is the best.

Well, that and it has the least amount of dumb comedy of the three.

Edited by Jawa

I think Bayformers 1 actually has a plot and character development, they're just rice paper thin.

So while I despise the Bayformer franchise overall I must acknowledge that small distinction because it makes the difference between a watchable guilty pleasure (TF1) and an unwatchable waste (TF sequels).

Yeah  I can understand why Transformers 1 is well liked although I hate it. They at least tried for that film.

We should've known MOS was going to have a tiny drop on Sunday since it's the perfect Father's Day movie.

Plus even Green Lantern dropped a small amount on Father's Day. 

Revisionism :P No one knew it was gonna drop this tiny. We can't simply say that we knew that MOS was gonna drop very softly because even GL did. GL to a much smaller number and so that more than balances out (or perhaps even overcompensates for) the middling WOM. MOS on the other hand had a portion of $12 million in demand burnt off on Thursday and then another ~80-ish on Friday and Saturday. The situations are totally different. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

I think you add compelling context/suspense to the action while replacing the toilet humor and forgettable robot personalities with something more charming you get a far superior movie franchise.

But Bay wants to beat the audience over the head with how much he openly resents the source material which ironically include some quality comic books stories.

• Like 3

The action in TA was good (especially considering it was only Whedon's second feature film) but the humour and character interaction was what pushed it to the next level. Bigger is not always better. That's why I don't want TA2 to try and outdo the action in the first film or MOS just for the sake of it. Making you care about the action is far more important.

One of the things I like about the WB"s and Marvel's approaches is that they are both different. I like some humor integrated into a comic book movie, but I don't like to be overloaded with it (and with IM3, in particular, I got tired of all the one-liners). So for me personally, integrating humour doesn't really push the film to the next level, for me.

WB is going to start the Fathers Day Trend for comicbook movies!?

It works best for Superman's origin story.

No other JL character story resonates as much on Father's Day.

If Mother's Day wasn't the weekend after Avengers 2 it would be perfect for Wonder Woman.

• Like 3

It works best for Superman's origin story.

No other JL character story resonates as much on Father's Day.

If Mother's Day wasn't the weekend after Avengers 2 it would be perfect for Wonder Woman.

yeah that would have been perfect. Too bad.

One of the things I like about the WB"s and Marvel's approaches is that they are both different. I like some humor integrated into a comic book movie, but I don't like to be overloaded with it (and with IM3, in particular, I got tired of all the one-liners). So for me personally, integrating humour doesn't really push the film to the next level, for me.

Humor is needed for some concepts more than others.

Transformers and Avengers need a certain amount of levity since, for the GA, they can be hard to swallow.

It works best for Superman's origin story. No other JL character story resonates as much on Father's Day. If Mother's Day wasn't the weekend after Avengers 2 it would be perfect for Wonder Woman.

Most women would' ent give a flying fuck about WW. Unless you hire SJP and let her live in the city. Its still mainly a male driven comic book movie