#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

This is so great guys. I'm glad to see these numbers, and to see 2013 pick up steam. I give zero shits about that RT score, never did this feel like a "rotten" film. And finally WB is going to let DC do their thing! I don't read comics, but I can't wait to see what they do with Wonder Woman and co.

This is so great guys. I'm glad to see these numbers, and to see 2013 pick up steam. I give zero shits about that RT score, never did this feel like a "rotten" film. And finally WB is going to let DC do their thing! I don't read comics, but I can't wait to see what they do with Wonder Woman and co.

The most Important question was WHD Trailer present in you screening? -_-

The most Important question was WHD Trailer present in you screening? -_-

Nope...

SHITD, I meant RIPD, uhm Gravity, Hobbit 2, Turbo, Catching Fire. At least I didn't get Wolverine again, but yeah I haven't seen the WHD trailer at all, only online.

• Like 1

What's also immensely pleasing over at HSX (for people like me, holding SUPR2 long) is the mad scramble by everyone who shorted it this week to get back in on the action. It's jumped $45 today!

Been holding it long since 215$. May cash out after the OW numbers. Also holding the 110 OW call (against all my better judgment, I still held on to that one for some reason)

According to a Fandango survey of 1,000 people who purchased tickets to see the film, the following factors are playing a role in people's decision to see "Man of Steel":

* 88% are fans of Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight” franchise;

* 81% are looking forward to seeing a darker interpretation of Superman;

61% plan to see it on the big screen more than once, indicating heavy repeat viewing in weeks to come.

• Like 2

Nope...

SHITD, I meant RIPD, uhm Gravity, Hobbit 2, Turbo, Catching Fire. At least I didn't get Wolverine again, but yeah I haven't seen the WHD trailer at all, only online.

those basters/ WHD is going to flop an I blame sony.

Edited by Dragon

Been holding it long since 215$. May cash out after the OW numbers. Also holding the 110 OW call (against all my better judgment, I still held on to that one for some reason)

Yeah, I've got the OW call and the OW derivative too. I didn't grab the movie stock until pretty recently though, around $270 or so.

I'm a HUGE comic book movie fan. Superman is with Spider-Man two of my first superheroes I've read as a kid, and they are my favorites to this day, Byrne's Man of Steel was actually the first series I've read since the beginning, so to anyone that has any idea what I'm talking about, I've a lot invested on MoS.I'll have to wait more one month to see it and unfortunately I've spoiled myself, but I actually think it's for the best. I'm willing to love this film to death, and while I understand the major problems that Mark Waid and a hell lot of critics have with this film, I feel at just like TASM, the sequel is where we'll see if what happens in the first film has everlasting consequences. After the initial shock and worries about how the "twist" was done, I feel like I'm mostly ok with it as long as it isn't taken for granted in the sequel. If that works as a Uncle Ben moment in reverse as I've seen mentioned somewhere days ago, it could be something intriguing, just like now I find intriguing the whole mystery about Peter Parker's parents and how that will play out with the sequels.With that said, I'm happy is doing well and I'm jealous of most of you since I reckon most of you will watch it this weekend. Regardless of its shortcomings, I hope MoS does well enough to start the DC Movieverse going and that just like most of Zack Snyder's career, it's just another misunderstood by the critics Zack Snyder film. I still don't want David Goyer anywhere near the sequel though.

I'm a HUGE comic book movie fan. Superman is with Spider-Man two of my first superheroes I've read as a kid, and they are my favorites to this day, Byrne's Man of Steel was actually the first series I've read since the beginning, so to anyone that has any idea what I'm talking about, I've a lot invested on MoS.I'll have to wait more one month to see it and unfortunately I've spoiled myself, but I actually think it's for the best. I'm willing to love this film to death, and while I understand the major problems that Mark Waid and a hell lot of critics have with this film, I feel at just like TASM, the sequel is where we'll see if what happens in the first film has everlasting consequences. After the initial shock and worries about how the "twist" was done, I feel like I'm mostly ok with it as long as it isn't taken for granted in the sequel. If that works as a Uncle Ben moment in reverse as I've seen mentioned somewhere days ago, it could be something intriguing, just like now I find intriguing the whole mystery about Peter Parker's parents and how that will play out with the sequels.With that said, I'm happy is doing well and I'm jealous of most of you since I reckon most of you will watch it this weekend. Regardless of its shortcomings, I hope MoS does well enough to start the DC Movieverse going and that just like most of Zack Snyder's career, it's just another misunderstood by the critics Zack Snyder film. I still don't want David Goyer anywhere near the sequel though.

lol stop being dramatic and go see it.

jk, but forreal you'll like it. I don't know how youll like the comic book parts because I don't read them, but the ending conflict felt very similar to

TDK

and IMO MoS pulled it off better. Oh and I love TASM, but this is way better. Don't worry dude!

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

iJack, you'll love it, if you don't hold Superman mythos close to your heart. Action alone makes it worth the admission.  :D

I'm with you regarding Goyer. His screenplay was awful. I was shaking my head at some of the dialogue.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2