A Marvel Fanboy

Why there are so many tent poles scheduled for 2015 ?

I think they make 2015 so epic only because they want a chance to win. I think that right now every studio fights to win the year 2015, because that would prove they are the biggest.

Let's just say that shit got personal.

• Like 1

Define tentpoles. There are not that many confirmed, IMO

The Penguins of Madagascar, Assassin's Creed, Terminator, Independence Day 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, The Smurfs 3, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, Kung Fu Panda 3, Alvin and the Chipmunks 4,  Hotel Transylvania 2, Jurassic Park 4, Star Wars Episode VII, The Avengers 2...

All of these are candidates for 150M+, if not 200.

• Like 1

The Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda 3, Untitled Illumination Entertainment Film, Inside Out, Terminator, Independence Day 2, Fantastic Four, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Ted 2, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, Kung Fu Panda 3, Finding Dory,  Hotel Transylvania 2, Jurassic Park 4, Star Wars Episode VII, The Avengers 2, Ant-Man, some sort of DC Comics film, possibly Bond 24

All of these are candidates for 150M+, if not 200.

Remove Assassin's Creed and Smurfs 3 (both of those look like box office disappointments), add in the ones I did... and you've got a monster year for box office - $11 to 12 billion domestic yearly total, 2015 awaits you!! :P  not to mention there's still other films to be announced for that year (likely a few more tentpoles are coming for the summer and definitely for November & December!) 

I really think 4 $400 million+ films are possible in 2015 (Avengers 2, Star Wars Episode VII, Mockingjay Pt. 2, and Finding Dory) but highly unlikely - either way that's going to be one huge year if you ask me!!

But there's still plenty of unoccupied tentpole dates!

May 8 (no clue)

May 15 (no clue)

May 22 (Star Wars - Episode VII pretty much owns this date lol)

May 29 (no clue)

June 5 (Ted 2 would be perfect here - but I could see JPIV going here too)

June 12 (This is another great date for Ted 2)

July 17 (no clue)

July 24 (something will go up against Smurfs 2 lol)

July 31 (Peregine isn't a tentpole really)

August 7 (no clue)

August 14 (no clue)

August 21 (no clue)

August 28 (no clue)

November 13 (Bond 24? Maybe not since Ant-Man and Mockingjay would massacre it)

December 11 (Alvin 4 isn't really a big tentpole)

December 18 (major tentpole here - Sherlock 3 or Mission Impossible V)

December 23 (no clue but it's Christmas week so something will go here)

There's still plenty of weekends open for new tentpoles so 2015 isn't done adding them - I'm expecting Adam Sandler to have another film out that year while DodgeBall 2 is apparently coming out that year as well.

Edited by mahnamahna