lilmac

Thursday numbers: DM2-24.5, TLR-9.85, Heat-6.35 (BOM)

We've seen more strange shit before. Could end up being one of the highest grossing weekends ever. (Or close, at least).

If MOS follows the exact same patters as same weekend, it should gross around 15M which would be tremendous. Seeing somewhere around 12-12.5 right now, though.

If that somehow happens, then expect Saturday decreases.

Why would they have a native american actor in a 250 million dollar movie?  You need a star to sell it.

There's nothing offensive about Depp being in that role since all he is doing is acting.  Acting is make believe, it's pretend.  It's not real.  99.9% of the time no one gives a crap about native issues.  But put a white man in a movie playing a native and the soap boxes come out.

• Like 5

Why would they have a native american actor in a 250 million dollar movie?  You need a star to sell it.

There's nothing offensive about Depp being in that role since all he is doing is acting.  Acting is make believe, it's pretend.  It's not real.  99.9% of the time no one gives a crap about native issues.  But put a white man in a movie playing a native and the soap boxes come out.

i remember some similar debate during Prince of Persia as well

Gylanhaal (sp) got lots of *****

Edited by Leyla

Yeah, try suggesting a real Native American issue like giving them their rightful land back, and all of a sudden the same people that complain about stuff like this conveniently go quiet.

• Like 2

I was wondering why Johnny Depp just didn't play the lead but then I remember that he hasn't

played a guy without make up in a big movie for a long, long time.  He must have felt naked without

all those make up.  :P

• Like 5

Well Johnny has Cherokee and Navajo in him. So it's not like he's 100% Caucasian.

Depp is like 15% Native American.

Vin Diesel is 50% black but there was nearly nerd revolt when there was a tiny rumor he was being considered for Black Panther.

• Like 1

I was wondering why Johnny Depp just didn't play the lead but then I remember that he hasn't

played a guy without make up in a big movie for a long, long time.  He must have felt naked without

all those make up.  :P

Such a shame too cause that's his big problem right now. He almost seems afraid to play anything that doesn't reek Captain Jack zany. And it's beyond tired.

• Like 3

Anyways, I'm honestly shocked at DM2's drop. I really expected 20% at worst. Still a fantastic 2 day number, but a bit disappointing after that OD.

tAKE AWAY PREVIEWS and you were bang on

• Like 1

hate that MU number, it going to fall 53% to $21,5, DM2 affect it much more than i expected, it will make $270 (Turbo will also affect it, too bad the release date it get, it could have made $300 for sure in other time). DM2 numbers os veryyyy good $88 OW / $145 5 day Opening and $370 total for sure, maybe $400 and winning the whole year!

This.

MU pretty much got destroyed by DM2. Prior to it, it was going VERY strong and then just got obliterated on Wed. Thurs, it was one of the movies that dropped, although that may have more to do with it being an animated flick than DM2. At this point, MU fans can only hope that it stabilizes and continues to have similar or better drops prior to DM2's release, but with much smaller numbers. 

Damn it, I was really hoping for 300m for this one. I love the Monsters characters. Not a fan of the DM world, although the minions are pretty damn funny and cute, but Gru and company just don't do it for me at all. 

• Like 1

Bridesmaids deserve the sucess it had, it was a very nice surprise really liked it!

as i said mine is an unpopular opinion :P

tho here i see a lot of ppl sharing that opinion so I dont feel that special )))

• Like 1