lilmac

Thursday numbers: DM2-24.5, TLR-9.85, Heat-6.35 (BOM)

Kids movies had the best jumps on the Friday in 2002 so MU and DM2 are poised for strong weekend. I'm expecting at least 55% and probably closer to 60% jump for MU and DM2 about 30%, bigger than MIB2 since it's kids movie. 

!40-145M for DM2 and 24M for MU. Very strong for both.  :D

I am really impressed with The Heat's run. I think $150 million is still on the table if you consider that the two actresses are known for movies with good multipliers.

It will definitely finish with $150M at this rate. :)

I think Thursday increases will lower the limit on increases for today.MoS,WHD,WWZ (+25% Max)TH (+30%)MU (+35%)DM2 (+25%)

We've seen more strange shit before. Could end up being one of the highest grossing weekends ever. (Or close, at least).

If MOS follows the exact same patters as same weekend, it should gross around 15M which would be tremendous. Seeing somewhere around 12-12.5 right now, though.

We've seen more strange shit before. Could end up being one of the highest grossing weekends ever. (Or close, at least).If MOS follows the exact same patters as same weekend, it should gross around 15M which would be tremendous. Seeing somewhere around 12-12.5 right now, though.

For the 3 day?

I'm kinda happy the Lame Ranger looks to be bombing in the US. :lol: The movie has great technical craft and the cinematography is awesome but I couldn't get over how offensive Johnny Depp playing Tonto is in this day and age. I'm not surprised DM2 is doing so well, everyone loves minions. I love TH increase and hopefully it holds well this weekend and next when Grown Ups 2 opens. The success of Bridesmaids, Identity Thief and The Heat should help to convince studios that women can carry blockbuster comedies, too.

I'm kinda happy the Lame Ranger looks to be bombing in the US. :lol: The movie has great technical craft and the cinematography is awesome but I couldn't get over how offensive Johnny Depp playing Tonto is in this day and age. I'm not surprised DM2 is doing so well, everyone loves minions. I love TH increase and hopefully it holds well this weekend and next when Grown Ups 2 opens. The success of Bridesmaids, Identity Thief and The Heat should help to convince studios that women can carry blockbuster comedies, too.

What is offensive about an actor acting?  And do you care about native rights?  What is it about the natives that Depp has offended? 

• Like 2

^

I also didn't get Bridesmaids humor, didn't hate it but I guess it didn't really tickle my funny bone or something.

But, I totally enjoyed TH maybe you'll enjoy it too Leyla. :)

I probs didnt recover after moments lke  'shitting in a sink' & other 'humour' :what:

1+ my queen Rose Byrne was lovely :wub:

someone tried to persuade me to watch 'Pitch perfect' lately but when they told me there will be puking galore I politely declined :lol:

TH seems like my kinda thing. looks hilarious

Edited by Leyla

What is offensive about an actor acting?  And do you care about native rights?  What is it about the natives that Depp has offended? 

It's about Hollywood studios refusing to have significant Native American roles in their movies and when they finally have one it's played by a white guy. I mean if native actors aren't even good enough for native roles, what hope do they have?

I'm not an advocate of native rights if that's what you are asking.  :D  But Hollywood's refusal to be more inclusive does frustrate me. White straight men are a small minority world wide but have about 90% of the blockbuster lead roles.

• Like 1

hate that MU number, it going to fall 53% to $21,5, DM2 affect it much more than i expected, it will make $270 (Turbo will also affect it, too bad the release date it get, it could have made $300 for sure in other time). DM2 numbers os veryyyy good $88 OW / $145 5 day Opening and $370 total for sure, maybe $400 and winning the whole year!

• Like 1