Olive

Wednesday BO: The Smurfs 2 $5.2m (official est.)

wait, 4 new releases next weekend?

Who the fuck is making this movie release scheduling? China?

Wtf is going on?

Edited by #ED

Who the fuck is making this movie release scheduling? China?

Wtf is going on?

4 big releases. Just like the middle July weekend. I hope all 4 go over 3,000 theaters.

4 next week: Elysium, Planes, Percy Jackson, We're The Millers

4 the following week: Kick Ass, Paranoia, Jobs, The Butler

3 after that: Mortal Instruments, Worlds End, You're Next

4 more the final week of august: Getaway, One Direction, Closed Circuit, Satanic

Obviously next week should be the biggest of the 4, but it's going to be a crowded month and the flops will have very short legs.

Satanic doesn't have poster or trailer yet. You can cut that one.

The last 3 weeks of August have lots of flops. Most likely none of them will have over 3,000 theaters.

Edited by CJohn

4 more the final week of august: Getaway, One Direction, Closed Circuit, Satanic

Obviously next week should be the biggest of the 4, but it's going to be a crowded month and the flops will have very short legs.

Both Closed Circuit and Satanic seem like movies that won’t get much of a release.

World's End won't make much either.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Get your shit together, Hollywood. Release schedules like this hurt everybody.

This is fucking ridiculous. This shit doesn't make any sense to me why studios would do this. By the 2nd week of August, movies like Smurfs and Wolverine will be down to 1K theaters.

This is fucking ridiculous. This shit doesn't make any sense to me why studios would do this. By the 2nd week of August, movies like Smurfs and Wolverine will be down to 1K theaters.

It’s ironic given that going to movies is now considered to be a treat, and not something people do regularly.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Well, I've already watched four good movies today (Before Midnight, Monsters University, 42, Despicable Me 2), so I might as well throw one turd in there.

Well then, it's always good to throw in one turd for the LOL. And wow, 5 movies in one day, that's some dedication, and free time :lol:

Well then, it's always good to throw in one turd for the LOL.And wow, 5 movies in one day, that's some dedication, and free time :lol:

Its the last days of the summer vacation. I've been watching like 4-6 movies a day for the whole week. I'm trying to catch up with this years movies. 

Its the last days of the summer vacation. I've been watching like 4-6 movies a day for the whole week. I'm trying to catch up with this years movies.

:o I wish I have the money to do that. Being a student sucks.